Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Corsa extreme on my 2010 srt. Not happy with the fit. When you pay over $1300 for an exhaust system I don't think it's asking to much to have the thing to LINE up correctly. The passenger side lines up nicely but the drivers side is low and the tip is not horizontal. I have moved pipe bent hangers etc.
Has anyone faced the same issue? If so how did you correct it?
I do love the sound.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Installed Corsa extreme on my 2010 srt. Not happy with the fit. When you pay over $1300 for an exhaust system I don't think it's asking to much to have the thing to LINE up correctly. The passenger side lines up nicely but the drivers side is low and the tip is not horizontal. I have moved pipe bent hangers etc.
Has anyone faced the same issue? If so how did you correct it?
I do love the sound.
Hmmm,interesting.I installed the same system on my 09 R/T a few years ago and had absolutely no fitment issues.Everything lined up nicely.Wonder if you received a system with some manufacturing defects.Call CORSA's customer service and explain the situation,...maybe they will send you out a whole new cat-back.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm,interesting.I installed the same system on my 09 R/T a few years ago and had absolutely no fitment issues.Everything lined up nicely.Wonder if you received a system with some manufacturing defects.Call CORSA's customer service and explain the situation,...maybe they will send you out a whole new cat-back.

I thought about calling Corsa but went to a professional exhaust guy. He got lined up pretty good. He only charged me $40 so I'm happy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'd like to ask you about your Diablo tuner. Is it worth the money? Did you notice much improvement? Is your dyno tune much better?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This system is actually highly adjustable - it involves twisting the pipe sections for adjusting tip elevation and tip tilt, and also shifting the pipe sections fore/aft for adjusting tip extension.

I'm super anal about tip alignment/height/tilt and got both sides perfect.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd like to ask you about your Diablo tuner. Is it worth the money? Did you notice much improvement? Is your dyno tune much better?
Yes,in my opinion the Diablosport Predator # U7135 was well worth the money.First I installed a CAI,shorty headers,CORSA cat-back and Jet 180 degree T-stat.The cars performance improvement was very noticeable.I then installed the Predator CAi 91 Octane tune and at the same time disabled the MDS,increased the shift firmness,increased throttle boost to full 20%,adjusted the cooling fans for the new T-stat and adjusted the tire size for new rims & tires.Also,used it to reset the TCM Adaptation,...or you can just pull the #2 fuse in the engine bay fuse box for a few minutes or so.The performance improvement was even more notable.I then took it one step further and had custom dyno tune.The final results were a gain of 48HP & I think it was 52 lb. - ft. torque.

Also,the Predator has been discontinued by Diablosport but has been replaced by the In-Tune I-1000 which has the same capabilities but in a smaller package,....about the size of an i-phone.

The link below is a Sticky stated on the Predator a few years ago.See attachments also.

Attachments

·
Banned
697 Posts
Sometimes with the Challenger, a good option is to loosen the mid pipes at the manifolds. This adds some adjustability. Installing exhaust takes a lot of time and patience to line everything up. We sell a lot of Corsa and have almost no complaints.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes with the Challenger, a good option is to loosen the mid pipes at the manifolds. This adds some adjustability. Installing exhaust takes a lot of time and patience to line everything up. We sell a lot of Corsa and have almost no complaints.
I have OCD when it comes to my car. So it would figure with my luck I would get one of the few that didn't LINE up. Or maybe others just arn't as picky as me. As I said I took it to a professional exhaust guy. He had to remove the drivers side and bend some hangers to get it lined up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A few weeks ago I went to the all Chrysler National in Carlisle Pa There they had a tent set up installing Cat backs on Challenger Bola , Magnaflow, and Corsa the Corsa Extreme was by far the best sounding exhaust maybe not best looking but the best sounding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts