Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Most Loud Deep Exhaust

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Borla ATAK, and a neighbor who has Corsa. Everyone knows when I start my car and leave for work, no one knows when he starts his cars or leaves. Plus if you want loud always look into long tube headers. That's what I'm researching and buying next. In all honesty, I love my Borla! It's amazing and when you drive normally you can tell it's there but it's not crazy and it screams like a banshee when you lay on that throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Borla ATAK, and a neighbor who has Corsa. Everyone knows when I start my car and leave for work, no one knows when he starts his cars or leaves. Plus if you want loud always look into long tube headers. That's what I'm researching and buying next. In all honesty, I love my Borla! It's amazing and when you drive normally you can tell it's there but it's not crazy and it screams like a banshee when you lay on that throttle.
Thanks for your response Grimm pretty much sums up what I’m looking into. Something that’ll let people know I’m there

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a the borla atak cat back with jba shorty headers (stock cats) on my 2015 rt. Its a serious head turner and my neighbor down the street flatters me with jealous texts everytime i start it up lol. I promise you wont be disappointed with borla. Even before the headers i got compliments all the time.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
215 Posts
I have a 6.4 with a 6M and am looking into the Corsa. I like louder but not when I’m in 4th slowing down under engine braking - drone. Would love to hear a Corsa in person. Anyone in northern NJ with one??

·
Registered
981 Posts
You can’t go wrong with Borla but I can’t justify the $1500 or whatever it is they’re asking, it’s robbery. As far as the Corsa comment, the stock exhaust is loud as hell when you start it. I don’t buy “nobody can hear a 392 with a Corsa exhaust when it starts.”

·
Premium Member
11,571 Posts
I have Zoomers on my SRT challenger and I love the loud old school rumble it has. It's unique and stands out from the rest of the cars now of days. It's quiet when cruising around town / at idle, but opens up when I step on. It does not have what I consider drone which is nice.

Good luck and let us know what you choose!

- Alexis

·
Registered
215 Posts
Solo performance catback FTW, and only ~800$:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, definitely looking at the Solo. My issue is partial throttle around 2k rpm , usually 5th gear around 60 mph. Wondering how the Solo sounds at idle and acceleration up to 6k rpm. Does the j-pipe contribute anything outside of that narrow low 2k rpm range?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
I have Corsa extreme (it is quiet) and trust me the LT headers with high flow cats don't make it much louder (at least on a 5.7)...at least at lower RPMs. However, if you remove the mid-mufflers it does get noticeable louder and you still don't experience drone.

Although I will say with the 6.2 cam installed in my 5.7...start-ups are noticeably louder.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, definitely looking at the Solo. My issue is partial throttle around 2k rpm , usually 5th gear around 60 mph. Wondering how the Solo sounds at idle and acceleration up to 6k rpm. Does the j-pipe contribute anything outside of that narrow low 2k rpm range?
I have absolutely zero drone in any range. And that’s with long tubes and catless mids and a 426. The j pipe is strictly to address drone. This is idle. I gave no acceleration videos, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ha ha, agreed! Also does traction control...

So I solved the droning issue and also improved the sound at idle. Basically, I play the clip on my phone and send it to the car over Bluetooth. Turn it up to about 30 on the Alpine and I have a great sounding exhaust. Didn’t cost me anything but Ronan978 might want royalties on that soundtrack. Could we get a 0-100 acceleration recording of that 426 as well??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts