Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wanted to get yall's opinion on something. I've got a 2012 Redline with the 3.6 and I'm looking to put a new exhaust system on it. MagnaFlow and FlowMasters sound okay on a V8 but I'm not a fan of their V6 exhausts; there's no rumble to it, they're just loud. The two that I like the best are the Corsa Extreme and Borla S type (Borla Ataks might be a little too loud). They both give about as nice of a deep visceral growl as you can squeeze out of a 6 cylinder. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Hey guys, wanted to get yall's opinion on something. I've got a 2012 Redline with the 3.6 and I'm looking to put a new exhaust system on it. MagnaFlow and FlowMasters sound okay on a V8 but I'm not a fan of their V6 exhausts; there's no rumble to it, they're just loud. The two that I like the best are the Corsa Extreme and Borla S type (Borla Ataks might be a little too loud). They both give about as nice of a deep visceral growl as you can squeeze out of a 6 cylinder. Any thoughts?
Sound is very personalized, I can not speak about or for the V6 . But for me on my 2015 RT plus A8
I went with the Corsa Sport , when we are cruzing on the highway there is absolutely no drone.
It has a nice sound to it especially when you put your foot into it .
Also it fit prefect, little over and hour to install and I like the tips that come welded on
https://youtu.be/PJ_y0zpDP6Q < this a short sound clip with windows up inside the cabin ,,the Extreme will be louder

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
For the v6, I have heard many, I really only liked the solo system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
I can only vouch for the Solo. But the Borla will drone. The Corsa is said not to drone, but they do not make a system specifically for your V6. I suppose a system for the R/T, with the same size pipes can be fitted? Can't guarantee that either.

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both Corsa and Loudmouth's RT systems can be fitted to the 3.6. I've heard Corsa was the best at eliminating drone but I've gotta say after listening to the Solo systems I'm leaning that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sound is very personalized, I can not speak about or for the V6 . But for me on my 2015 RT plus A8
I went with the Corsa Sport , when we are cruzing on the highway there is absolutely no drone.
It has a nice sound to it especially when you put your foot into it .
Also it fit prefect, little over and hour to install and I like the tips that come welded on
https://youtu.be/PJ_y0zpDP6Q < this a short sound clip with windows up inside the cabin ,,the Extreme will be louder
Sounds great. Thanks for the video

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Almost impossible to get an accurate idea of what the sound is like. Here are 2 0-60 runs taken with an iPad, windows down, right after Solo install.

The car sounds better after the CAI, and it sounds good just cruising, and awesome when you get on it. Never a V8, but happy with it for sure

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Did you see my little short video, Corsa Xtreme on my 3.6, 2 3/4" from a 6.1 bolts up just fine under the car, sounds great and closest you'll ever will be to a v8 sound, no drone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love em both. Guess I'll have to do a little soul searching and figure out which one I'm going to go with. Corsa system requires some retrofitting north of the cats doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Love em both. Guess I'll have to do a little soul searching and figure out which one I'm going to go with. Corsa system requires some retrofitting north of the cats doesn't it?
You can call Corsa there in Ohio ,, on my RT it fit prefect,, hangers ,, etc , no retrofitting at all

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Had the Solo for my 2015. Sold it. It was too loud for high way cruising. But it did sound better over stock.

Have the Borla S-Type now. Love it. Aggressive as hell when at WOT and subtle during HWY cruising.

I have two clips here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKHTRZuJYAiphv2CvZthVjA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts