Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So I recently purchased my first challenger and I have been doing some shopping for some good performance exhaust and CAI and I now ask the question is corsa extreme catbak worth the $1500 it is listed for on their website? And does the corsa CAI really give you +18hp it also says on their website. Just curious if anyone else has gone this route on their challenger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Hello everyone. So I recently purchased my first challenger and I have been doing some shopping for some good performance exhaust and CAI and I now ask the question is corsa extreme catbak worth the $1500 it is listed for on their website? And does the corsa CAI really give you +18hp it also says on their website. Just curious if anyone else has gone this route on their challenger. Thanks in advance for any replies.
I have the corsa extreme which I paid $1280 shipped. It was not loud enough so I removed the mid mufflers. If I had to do it all over again I would have kept the stock exhaust but removed the mid mufflers. I don't have a CAI (using hell cat bottom box, tube and filter). Some say a CAI with a tune can net you some ponies but that means you would need to buy an unlock PCM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I was first going to go with straight pipes like I had on my old pickup truck but I think it is too poppy if that makes sense haha. So I may just try the mid muffler delete. Or does it sound better with the mufflers and do a resonator delete? I'm really wanting to get as much power out of this car as I can without doing any engine work because I know it will void my warranty.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Thank you for the information. I was first going to go with straight pipes like I had on my old pickup truck but I think it is too poppy if that makes sense haha. So I may just try the mid muffler delete. Or does it sound better with the mufflers and do a resonator delete? I'm really wanting to get as much power out of this car as I can without doing any engine work because I know it will void my warranty.
Catback won't give power. Long tube headers will but again you need an unlocked PCM. BTW here is what corsa extreme with mid muffler delete sounds like. I have some wav files with the mids on an off but I need to edit them into one file, but the link below should do for now. If you still want a catback, there are a couple of vendors on the forum having fall sales...you might want to do a search.

https://vimeo.com/235091331

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that sounds badass! When I was at the dealership I asked if exhaust would void my warranty and she said as long as I don't mess with anything between the cats and the block I will be okay. So that being said I think headers will void my warranty. Now how do you exactly unlock your PCM? I am looking to purchase the Tazer for the light show. Will that unlock the PCM? I'm not familiar at all with electronics. Again thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Corsa extreme on my little v6, took one off a 6.1, did some real world controlled testing and even for a 3.6 going from 2 1/4" pipe to 2 3/4" corsa, I was able to reduce my times 0-60mph even with the extra weigh. Corsa has one of the better designed catback, it's a straight thru design and isn't necked down anywhere to restrict airflow.

If you got the coin, buy it and run it, knowing your have the best catback to give you every possible hp available.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Wow that sounds badass! When I was at the dealership I asked if exhaust would void my warranty and she said as long as I don't mess with anything between the cats and the block I will be okay. So that being said I think headers will void my warranty. Now how do you exactly unlock your PCM? I am looking to purchase the Tazer for the light show. Will that unlock the PCM? I'm not familiar at all with electronics. Again thanks for the help!
Tazer does not unlock the PCM, you need to either send your PCM in for modification or buy an unlocked PCM from vendors like Diablosport (~$900 and includes a tuner). Some guys keep the stock PCM and swap it back in only for warranty work. There is a low probability that the dealership will detect the mileage difference in the PCM but it is possible. It is also possible to squeeze out more power (some have stated +15hp) if you get a dyno tune. Corsa alone will not noticeable increase power on the 5.7/6.4. Technically, your warranty cannot be voided unless there is proof the modification caused the failure. I can care less about the warranty as I tried to get my whining rear diff fixed by the dealership and they refused. They said they are aware of the problem and would replace if the noise became worse...seriously! Since I said screw the warranty (I do all my own repairs...and stunts anyways :icon_biggrin: ), I installed an 8PSI maggie (I already have a whining diff so did not want to hear on both ends) and boy is the 5.7 RT a blast to drive and power wise it puts out a little more than the 6.4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard from some others that if you get the dodge dealership to install the parts on your car they will warranty the work. I'm not sure how true that is but once I take my car back up there for my detail I will find out and if that is the case then I will let them do all the work to it but if they beat around the bush on me about not wanting to fix issues I may or may not have then I will also say screw the warranty and do as I wish to it. Here is another question. Turbo or supercharger?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Here is another question. Turbo or supercharger?
Ah yes and the most important one...I don't race so I picked super charger (easy to install). Power down low in the RPMs and readily available. If you can get headers and a cam done so you tune once and done.

Let the debate begin!!! :banana:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay now let me throw a procharger in the mix. It seems like the best of both worlds. A belt driven turbo?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha this is all just for general knowledge. The day will come when my warranty is out or I will be like you and say screw it so I am just trying to take all the knowledge in I can. Never hurts to weigh the pros and cons haha

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Haha this is all just for general knowledge. The day will come when my warranty is out or I will be like you and say screw it so I am just trying to take all the knowledge in I can. Never hurts to weigh the pros and cons haha
Procharger does not require the removal of the intake and has more potential for boost upgrade. All depends on your performance goals. I chose the magnuson primarily because it is reliable, provides plenty of boost for a stock motor, and is quiet....only a slight whine at acceleration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts