Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im curious to see if anybody on here is running the Corsa Extreme Cat-back but has removed the Corsa resonators. I was thinking about doing this to mine but I hate to tear apart a expensive exhaust system. I'm wondering how it sounds guess I could just unbolt my resos.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Hey 1 bad
I did that exact thing on my RT recently. Love the Corsa Xtreme but was looking for a bit more volume. I just unbolted the resonators leaving the pipe from the mufflers to the resonators. I loved the sound and while it did have some drone it was at 2200 or 2300 RPMs and that didn't bother me for the motor is not in that range for very long.

Only problem is when I went to the muffler shop to have a straight pipe put in place of what I had removed it changed the drone down to 1700 RPMs and that was not acceptable. So for now I have removed the added straight pipe and just put some 45 degree tips at the end. Love the sound but don't know what I can do to get the tips back on the car. May have to put the Corsa resonators back on later but for now just enjoying the sound of course the beauty of this is I can do this myself and it is not altering my expensive Corsa exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
I trying to find a simple chip now that actually works and can be removed in case of warranty work, just to give it some extra kick and cancel that darn 4 cycl mode.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Corsa puts a lot of engineering in their systems. Every muffler on every system is unique. Honestly I would be wary of messing with them because you could end up with something undesired.

·
Registered
625 Posts
1Bad
I opted to remove the center bullet mufflers on my extreme. Couldn't be happier with the improved sound and I still don't have any drone. Plus, the mufflers are easy to reinstall if you ever decide to put them back on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You could probably sell your Corsa and get good money out of it. Lots of folks who would be interested I'm sure. Sell it and go for something more aggressive. I wouldn't hack up that system, because if you ever do intend to sell *that* you'd not get much.

Most people go through 2-3 different systems before they find the "right one." For me it happened once and am happy now with what I got.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
If you take the stock 6-speed exhaust and delete the resonaters you end up with a Corsa system without the rear cans/resonaters. After the cats it's an x-pipe then bottle mufflers, then straight pipes to the rear of the car.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
1Bad
So you left your Corsa resonators on and put straight pipe where the mufflers where??

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
and that just made the sound louder without the drone inside the cab??

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Question to Corsa people

I have a question for the Corsa people: I recall reading that the Mopar cutbacks we can buy at our friendly Dodge dealers is made by Corsa. If so, is it the Extreme or another one?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have a question for the Corsa people: I recall reading that the Mopar cutbacks we can buy at our friendly Dodge dealers is made by Corsa. If so, is it the Extreme or another one?
As I recall, they offer both. The only difference is that Dodge has "mopar" etched on the tips.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
As I recall, they offer both. The only difference is that Dodge has "mopar" etched on the tips.

So, if I were to get my friendly Dodge dealer to install a Mopar catback on my Challenger, they would in fact be installing a Corsa Extreme?

The reason I ask is because I've had great success with Mopar catbacks in prior SRTs I've owned (i.e., great sound, very little drone). If they were in fact Corsas, it would help me reconcile in my head what I liked about those Mopar catbacks, and the praise people seem to give to Corsa.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing, they are Corsa but they cost about $400 more than what I paid for mine on line and spent to have installed. Corsa's do not have any drone.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
TheModifier
When you say you left the resonators on your talking about the cans at the rear of the car next to the bumper right??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts