Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve ordered the Corsa xtreme exhaust and Solo high flow cats for my 2014 R/T, 5.7. It appears though that both have resonators on them so here’s my question. Does anybody out there have any idea how dual resonators will affect the system? If it’s gonna quiet it down I may have a shop cut the resonators off of the cat pipes and replace them with straight pipes and if it’s gonna affect sound/performance one set is definitely gonna go

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
139 Posts
Shouldn’t be a problem with sound. Had the Corsa Extreme put on my 2010 RT and it sounded nice. But removing the resonators WILL make the car louder if that is what you’re going for. My next Chally, a 2012 RT had the stock exhaust with the resonators removed. It was louder than my 2010 with the Corsa Extreme!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve ordered the Corsa xtreme exhaust and Solo high flow cats for my 2014 R/T, 5.7. It appears though that both have resonators on them so here’s my question. Does anybody out there have any idea how dual resonators will affect the system? If it’s gonna quiet it down I may have a shop cut the resonators off of the cat pipes and replace them with straight pipes and if it’s gonna affect sound/performance one set is definitely gonna go
Let's see, from having 2 resonators, even if they are high flux, to removing the resonators directly and leaving it with direct tubing, as the direct tubing is better.

Or also if you do not want to remove the resonators, put a butterfly valve (cutout) after the downpipes but before the first resonator so that you have the free exhaust but when closing the valve you have the resonators as silent mode

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the Solo Exhaust where the mufflers are replaced with an X-pipe on my 12 RT. I just swapped on JBA shorties and Solo hi-flows cats and it actually quieted it down a bit (sounds better). If I had the corsa exhaust I’d probably cut off the resonators or tell solo you don’t want them. I’m sure they could make you a custom set for less money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts