Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have recently been seeing a lot more Challengers on the road, and I feel like the few cosmetic mods I have done to my car arent enough. Currently I drive a 2014 TorRed Challenger, with black hellcat rims and red calipers. I have also plasti-dipped the spoiler, gas cap, and tail-light.

I was wanting some more cosmetic mods to really make my challenger one of a kind. Does anyone have any cheap cosmetic mods they have done to their challenger that they enjoy? If so please post pics!

(Thinking about decals, although I cant find any cheap ones)

**ALSO IF YOU KNOW ANY CHEAP PERFORMANCE MODS, PLEASE LIST AS WELL!

Thanks,
A broke Brickhouse

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have recently been seeing a lot more Challengers on the road, and I feel like the few cosmetic mods I have done to my car arent enough. Currently I drive a 2014 TorRed Challenger, with black hellcat rims and red calipers. I have also plasti-dipped the spoiler, gas cap, and tail-light.

I was wanting some more cosmetic mods to really make my challenger one of a kind. Does anyone have any cheap cosmetic mods they have done to their challenger that they enjoy? If so please post pics!

(Thinking about decals, although I cant find any cheap ones)

**ALSO IF YOU KNOW ANY CHEAP PERFORMANCE MODS, PLEASE LIST AS WELL!

Thanks,
A broke Brickhouse
Define cheap for decals.

$200-300 too much?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
window tinting.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Wheels and tires 2800, paint 1200, louvers 200 (300 now), decals + install about 180. Steve White decals (Free with purchase of Scat Pack 1 PCM, X-mas deal 500)
Black fuel door 75 (used from a member here). Script "Challenger" for Fenders and rear tail panel (not pictured) 22 Bucks, Debadged Challenger from front grille Free (also not done at the time of the photo).
Hellcat lower box and tube 75 (From a member here)
Debaged "HEMI" from fenders: Free
Future mods planned: Quarter scoops ('71 R/T style) 300 "345 HEMI" Badge for the sides of the hood bulge around 40-50 bucks.

Depends what you want and what you consider "Inexpensive".

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Brick:
Truth is you don't have to do a single thing to it to make it stand out. It's a Challenger. It's going to stand out every day you take it out in public. Most important thing you can do? Keep it clean.
Cheap performance mods? Get cherself a catch can.

Guess I'm going to be the black sheep here:
Something to consider... there comes a point when just one more becomes too much. Ya don't want to turn a natural beauty into a clown car. Sort of like the young lady who wears too much makeup. Keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of Challenger "appreciators" out there that see some of the things we add to these cars as being gaudy and overdone. In the minds of a whole bunch of people out there, too much of a good thing is indeed, TOO MUCH.

Gary

·
Registered
SXT Plus
204 Posts
Thanks, you can see through them no problems.

Several Redline reds showed up around here after I got mine. An SE (no spoiler) an SXT and another R/T. There is no mistaking mine now. :D
I may be the only one in my area as I have yet to see another on the road. :woowoo:

Lots of black and grey though, one white and a sublime in a used lot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Brick:
Truth is you don't have to do a single thing to it to make it stand out. It's a Challenger. It's going to stand out every day you take it out in public. Most important thing you can do? Keep it clean.

Something to consider... there comes a point when just one more becomes too much. Ya don't want to turn a natural beauty into a clown car. Sort of like the young lady who wears too much makeup. Keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of Challenger "appreciators" out there that see some of the things we add to these cars as being gaudy and overdone. In the minds of a whole bunch of people out there, too much of a good thing is indeed, TOO MUCH.

Gary
I'm in total agreement with Gary...with these retro style cars the sheer beauty of the factory body lines combined with an owner who keeps his ride super clean turns just as many heads as a car loaded to the gill's with ornamentation and "the billboard treatment". On my Challenger, I've chosen not to have any vinyl graphics on the exterior paint due to the added upkeep that option demands and also the fact that at some point in the future the vinyl might check, crack or fade and then I'd be left with a big problem. My vote is to keep it simple. :wink3:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the posts. I love seeing everyones Challengers and hearing thoughts on the subject.

I still am considering decals. I need to find a good quality decal for my Challenger. After that I might go back to a performace mod >:)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I'm in total agreement with Gary...with these retro style cars the sheer beauty of the factory body lines combined with an owner who keeps his ride super clean turns just as many heads as a car loaded to the gill's with ornamentation and "the billboard treatment". On my Challenger, I've chosen not to have any vinyl graphics on the exterior paint due to the added upkeep that option demands and also the fact that at some point in the future the vinyl might check, crack or fade and then I'd be left with a big problem. My vote is to keep it simple. :wink3:
I have to say, I believe these vinyl whatever's just peel off and you can do whatever. Leave blank or something NEW.
Many think that is the fun of these cars. There is no right or wrong way.....almost. Any old school design or new take on it. I have seen some really imaginative things here. Clever things my older mind can not conceive of anymore. So cool.
Delete is an option too! MAIN THING, KEEP IT CLEAN!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Better pic of hood. With old wheels. Paint, wheels and tires were done last week.
frank-nice work on engine bay, but a small suggestion, paint the window washer cover & dipstick red. small & easy to do & then you eliminate a 3rd color in your bay. just a pet peeve on mine. a lot of guy spend big bucks on chrome there where a little heat rate paint would do wonders.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
frank-nice work on engine bay, but a small suggestion, paint the window washer cover & dipstick red. small & easy to do & then you eliminate a 3rd color in your bay. just a pet peeve on mine. a lot of guy spend big bucks on chrome there where a little heat rate paint would do wonders.
LOL I was trying to show the underside of the hood was scuffed and painted too. That's just some left over Caliper paint on the engine cover and radiator cap... I got bored one day. The Dragon logos are from my town's High School... Niles McKinley Red Dragons lol. Step son plays soccer. I really do not go to car shows or open my hood to "show off" the engine bay. That's just something to make it easier to clean under the hood.

·
Registered
694 Posts
LOL I was trying to show the underside of the hood was scuffed and painted too. That's just some left over Caliper paint on the engine cover and radiator cap... I got bored one day. The Dragon logos are from my town's High School... Niles McKinley Red Dragons lol. Step son plays soccer. I really do not go to car shows or open my hood to "show off" the engine bay. That's just something to make it easier to clean under the hood.
frank i wasn't trying to be critical. i guess it comes from me doing car shows myself & doing an occasional judging. my anal nature, but mentally i do deduct points when judging for that because it's so simple. on older cars metal like when new for dip stick.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how much was the hood paint and how did you do it? or was it professionally done (if you did it, damn good job!)

Found some decals for around 180 which I am about to purchase. Considering louvers but im on the edge...also considering color changing headlights, although I have halos currently so it kinda seems like i would be downgrading?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
So how much was the hood paint and how did you do it? or was it professionally done (if you did it, damn good job!)

Found some decals for around 180 which I am about to purchase. Considering louvers but im on the edge...also considering color changing headlights, although I have halos currently so it kinda seems like i would be downgrading?
the painting of the hood, spoiler and piece between the tail lights was $1200 bucks. I helped remove the hood and other items. Being a car guy I am friends with the owner of a body shop. His son, who works with him did the paint. the Hot rodder black was 358 bucks and I bought a gallon of it, the price was included in the 1200 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
TRY...to keep it clean :) I love the clean look of the door edges, no "rain" lip on the roof edge. The car just has clean lines, with a few flourishes. Some designer with clay really made something good. And when they updated it, they didn't ruin it. I can only hope they next refresh does as well. Either way, I got a good looking one if they manage to ruin it ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Brick:

Gary

Well put. A good detail and shine go a long way

1 - 20 of 31 Posts