Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I've searched and read various threads on this forum and other areas of discussions. At one time, I owned a 3.7 V6 Mustang, and went with an axle back exhaust. Had a nice tone, and cost was easier on the wallet compared to a Cat back system.
Now I have a 2020 V6 GT. It appears that there is not much in the way of axle back systems that are not obnoxious loud. I'm not looking for that, but rather a nice rumble, with little to no interior drone. I read on this forum of cat back systems but OUCH, $1500.00 and more bucks to shell out.
Are there muffler only options that could provide a nice tone for the V6 Challengers? I'm well aware that a 6'er is not going to get the V8 tone, but my V6 Mustang had a sweet sound, and was easy on the money.

I've been to a few wash and show events, but no Challengers with an aftermarket exhaust setup were present to hear.

Any axle back or muffler only options that anyone can share? Again, I don't want loud, just a nice tone.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You don't have to spend $1,500 on a cat back BTW, A Solo cat back will run you around $835 using stock tip, or $900 with quad round (they have square too). That said, the only axle back I remember anyone on here using was a Magnaflow. Basically a resonator delete (will drone) with quad round tips. Listed as very aggressive sound $700 plus

A Guy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about having just the muffler changed? I've done this on other vehicles I've bought to gain a better than stock tone.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
You can do that, I can't advise which muffler. If the resonator is in place, I don't think you get much more volume though, and it will drone...unless you add J-Pipes in their place

You'll have to read a bunch of exhaust posts and see what others have done as far as just muffler replacements

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts