Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to the dealer to have a few things checked on my SE. They had two 2010 base SE's like mine for 17,888.00 and one for 18,888.00. Those are the best prices I have heard of for them. The dealer ship is Northwest Jeep-Chrysler in Portland Or. Has anyone seen prices like that around? It would worth planefair if you wanted a decent price on a 2010. I aked about 2011's. They said probably Febuary. Has anyone heard anything about arival times of the 2011's?

·
Registered
630 Posts
That's pretty darn cheap. Do those prices include the $750 Destination fee? Most dealers also add a "docking fee" or something like that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with the dealer. No prep or destination charge. 17,888.00 plus 320.00 for tags and processing fee. Same as mine was. There is no sales tax in Oregon. When I lived in Texas and bought out of state cars i had to pay the 6.5% on them..sucked. I hope that answered your question.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just got off the phone with the dealer. No prep or destination charge. 17,888.00 plus 320.00 for tags and processing fee. Same as mine was. There is no sales tax in Oregon. When I lived in Texas and bought out of state cars i had to pay the 6.5% on them..sucked. I hope that answered your question.
Are they saying that it isn't included in the price when they say "no prep or destination charge", or are they saying that it is included in the price?

It's a good deal either way, but a guy would want to know and not get surprised.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
That IS a good deal. If when you say a base model that means no options at all and 17 wheels then those cars values will be quite low when the 2011's come out. The 2011 SE's have more standard equipment AND dual exhaust, 305HP engine, 18" wheels, push button start and I think EVIC is standard on all models too.

Not saying that it is a bad deal because the price is... but.. when you put a base 2010 SE next to a base 2011 SE there is a big difference.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Are they saying that it isn't included in the price when they say "no prep or destination charge", or are they saying that it is included in the price?

It's a good deal either way, but a guy would want to know and not get surprised.
I purchased mine from them for $17,888 + $380 state/county fees out the door.

This dealer/price has come up in a couple of other threads. The buyer will need to come to Portland to make the purchase & either drive home or have it shipped. They will not handle the transaction over the phone because of the work involved when they're selling the vehicle at a loss. I spoke with the sales manager regarding this issue. Nonetheless, it's worth the trip... Oregon is beautiful! :hippy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope the 2011 are what the hype is made out to be. I have duals, CAI, Stripes, and a chrome gas cap and sirrius radio. What I have spent to have a peppy v-6 is worth it. Saving 5,ooo- 7,500 is worth 15-20 hp. I Bought it to keep for the value and not to chase the next thing. There are others out there in the same boat. If I'm going to spend 7,500.00 more I'm getting an R/T. Holding off is a good Idea for buying the improved Se. I just brought this to the attention of others who don't want to pony up the extra scratch for a modest improvement over whats out there. If you are worried about trade-in then good luck. I have found that you only get a fraction of the cost of add-ons. Just because you buy one loaded dosen't mean much when you look at trade in precentage verses total cash outlay.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
You misunderstood my post. I was simply saying on a dealers lot for the dealer the value of a 2010 drops. I have a mid level 2009 SE and I love it and wouldn't trade it on a 2011 at all.. for the extras OR the extra cost! I just meant it will be a harder sale vs the 2011 so they must discount them. That is all I was saying.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
You misunderstood my post. I was simply saying on a dealers lot for the dealer the value of a 2010 drops. I have a mid level 2009 SE and I love it and wouldn't trade it on a 2011 at all.. for the extras OR the extra cost! I just meant it will be a harder sale vs the 2011 so they must discount them. That is all I was saying.
Aaah! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
36K miles on this but WOW...

2009 SE for $14,990

they also have another one for $15,990

Pretty sure it's real b/c I've been following and they've been dropping the prices on both cars 1K every 2 weeks, they obviously want to get 'em sold.
Helluva deal but keep in mind the warranty has expired. Any repairs or issues are the responsibility of the owner.
I would spend the extra $3K for a new 2010 with the 5-speed Auto-stick & full warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got your post. Didn't mean to get on a high horse. I have read post about a few SE owners wanting to trade up to the new v-6. The problem I found from, personal experience, was that a loaded six's value drops like a rock. If the 2011 is priced at 24-27k I can't see much advantage. The dealership by me has R/T's going for 27and change. Very tempting! I was just tring to make the point of ratio of loss in value. Cheaper car looses about the same percentage as a loaded one. I to love my SE and won't sell it. Just tring to figure out a way to talk the wife into taking mine and picking up that Hemi- orange R/t for 27. lol.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I got your post. Didn't mean to get on a high horse. I have read post about a few SE owners wanting to trade up to the new v-6. The problem I found from, personal experience, was that a loaded six's value drops like a rock. If the 2011 is priced at 24-27k I can't see much advantage. The dealership by me has R/T's going for 27and change. Very tempting! I was just tring to make the point of ratio of loss in value. Cheaper car looses about the same percentage as a loaded one. I to love my SE and won't sell it. Just tring to figure out a way to talk the wife into taking mine and picking up that Hemi- orange R/t for 27. lol.

I am right there with ya bro!!

they do drop like a rock, but NADA still says that the resale value is about $23,000.

mine is in great shape and has won in several car shows, but that dont mean squat to a dealer when trying to trade. according to NADA site. my car clean is worth $19,000 and change. poor condition is worth $17,000

I was only offered $14,000 for a trade on a RT recently.

really sucks.:notallthere:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know of any other dealers offering great prices on SE's right now? I am on the opposite side of the country from Portland and if I fly out to complete the paperwork and then either ship or drive the car back it really won't save me that much money.

I am in Ohio but anything in the Midwest or East Coast would be much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts