Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if any one has changed the color of their Challenger and how much did it run?

Also, Those that have had flames or graphics done on the original paint, how much was it and what did you have painted?

Thx

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm amazed that there hasn't been any reply to this. I would also like to know roughly what it costs to paint a Challenger a different color...

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It will be expensive....

I'm amazed that there hasn't been any reply to this. I would also like to know roughly what it costs to paint a Challenger a different color...
They have to sand and paint the doorwells....which means doors and plastic features come off...and all that entails....that doubles the price. I'm guessing 2-3 Grand for a good paint job, But it will be better than factory.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Speaking from experience, most $2-3k paint jobs would be pretty awful. A GOOD paint job will cost a lot more than that, especially a color change. Also, unless you get a really good body/paint guy, it won't look as good or last as long as the factory job. if you have somebody who knows what they're doing, they can wet sand and wheel the factory paint and make it look amazing!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you want it done by a quality shop with talented painters plan on 6-8 thousand, anything less will disapoint you. A lot of the car needs to be dis-assembled to do it right, you could spend unlimited $ on paint BTW.

Reactions: blackdeuce

·
Registered
363 Posts
5-6k sounds right and you would Never have to strip off factory paint.......

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
AT LEAST 5 grand if you want it to look factory or better. A 3k dollar color change will not look like anything close to the factory paint job.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Why do people ask these type of silly questions online? TAKE IT A FEW LOCAL BODY SHOPS FOR QUOTES. There are so many variables that any GUESSES you'll get on the internet are worthless.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Why do people ask these type of silly questions online? TAKE IT A FEW LOCAL BODY SHOPS FOR QUOTES. There are so many variables that any GUESSES you'll get on the internet are worthless.
Exactly, call 3 body shops in your area and find out!

·
Registered
828 Posts
A painter buddy told me a quart of that "chameleon" paint is about $300-500.... so it would be an easy $10K I bet to have it done right!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
When I go in to get a car fixed I get on the net so I can go in knowing the price I should be paying instead of going in blind and asking a mechanic that's gonna try and get as much money as possible so I'm guessing that's why they asked.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Here's a "real world" number obtained by way of close friend who wanted to "color change" his 2011 Chrysler 300C. This is based on a top notch body shop who would remove and replace virtually every body panel that would come on and off......................$8600-$9000.

He declined; deciding it would be easier to simply purchase another car in the desired color.

Respectfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Here's a "real world" number obtained by way of close friend who wanted to "color change" his 2011 Chrysler 300C. This is based on a top notch body shop who would remove and replace virtually every body panel that would come on and off......................$8600-$9000.

He declined; deciding it would be easier to simply purchase another car in the desired color.

Respectfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Sounds about right for a top notch job.. A complete color change is a LOT of work.. Fenders, Hood, Doors, Trunk, Bumpers etc all need to come off and the engine needs masked (as do all of the other ancillaries) in order to cut in the under hood, jambs etc.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
A member on here on CT did a Plum Crazy paint job on his wife's '09 R/T (think it started off as Inferno Red)...it ran ~ $8k.

It look stunning and there was no info at that time if PCP was going to be offered. (Hemi Orange & B5 Blue were the heritage colors at the time being offered).

Total color changes are expensive to do and there's all the labor/prep/masking to paint jambs, hoods, fenders, trunks, engine bays to do the job right w/o completely disassembling the car.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
A guy here in Houston has his entire new super bee gutted and painted a custom blue. $9k-$10k I believe is what I heard someone say he paid.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My sister bought a jeep wrangler 2 door from a dealership that had a paint and body shop. She spent in the $3200 range to change from silver to green. The paint quality was as good as factory new, but they didnt fix any body defects (small indent on hood) and they didnt add the factory decals (jeep lettering on the side). They also didnt paint anything on the inside so if you openned the doors or took the carpet out you saw the original color. At least silver matched. I would rather buy a car in the color I want as there was nothing wrong with her original paint.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts