Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,566 Posts
I've thought about switching to HP tuning, but I have no idea how long it would take to get up to speed (no pun intended). The basic course is $500.00, plus the cost of good books to learn everything, and with my mods, it's nothing for a tyro like me to mess with. Like others here, I'm old school, and if I were going to do it, it would only be because I was racing for money, to adjust for track conditions and such.

Reactions: Nuke

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,514 Posts
I've thought about switching to HP tuning, but I have no idea how long it would take to get up to speed (no pun intended). The basic course is $500.00, plus the cost of good books to learn everything, and with my mods, it's nothing for a tyro like me to mess with. Like others here, I'm old school, and if I were going to do it, it would only be because I was racing for money, to adjust for track conditions and such.
I have waffled on making the switch many times, but ultimately I think it takes a certain kind of personality to be able to do it. You have to be disciplined, even-keeled, level-headed, logical, and most of all you have to be able to moderate your own emotions.

In other words, I’m not qualified in any way to take on such a hefty task...

It’s not that I don’t think I could eventually learn it, but at what cost to me personally and socially?

I’d loose what little social graces I have in the 4-6 weeks I’d be sequestered on my own learning every nook cranny.

And that is just the beginning. I’d surely quit any employment I had, or be fired for not showing up on time/too late.

Finances? They’d surely be in the toilet after I went so long without working.

Personal hygiene? Trashed...

In short, yes, I’d love to learn how to do it all on my own, but I’m just too bad at being a good human to risk doing it. 😞

But hey, that’s the one advantage to being a drunkard - I have something to sooth my blistered feelings when reality inevitably comes crashing down on me with epiphanies like this. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Pulled the trigger, $655 with tax HP Tuner pro with 2 credits. I will use the video posted by OST to recompile my CMR tune to HP Tuners. Then spend the next year learning how to make any changes to it.. lol

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
On the old forum format anything with speedy garage would come out as . I guess he had a fall-out with the forum to the point they even banned the name? I was planning on posting links to it but was not sure how that would sit with the forum Gods?
Speedy and that gang started another forum and they were trying to use CT to steer traffic towards their site. It wasn't just burning bridges - rather scorched earth instead.

I really doubt any links directing towards him wouldn't fly

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I really doubt any links directing towards him wouldn't fly
On the old forum layout "speedy" or "chargerforumz" anything would be replaced with a bunch of asterisks. With this new layout it looks like that is no longer the case.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,803 Posts
Only because the ability is gone 👿 Kidding, I have no idea if that wound is still raw

A Guy

21 - 26 of 26 Posts