Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would tend to think that when this car comes out, if it's over 32k the avg guy like back in the 60-70's will not be able to afford this car.

Is there any realistic way to keep the car below 30's maybe even mid 20's without taking away anything from the Challenger tradition?

I must OWN THIS CAR!!:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Keep saving... I'm the average Joe financially, and thats what I plan to do. Something as cool as the Challenger is worth pinching a few pennies.;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, if you see me on the side of the road collecting can's please understand I'm not a bum, I'm just a guy with an obsession over a darn car!:eek:

·
Registered
598 Posts
....just remember fellow forum brothers and sisters.....where there is a will,......there "IS A WAY"! We all have time to start planning now......so.....start planning!;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you youngster....I was going to buy an R/T Charger Daytona, but upon further review...I will bank all $$$ for this automobile.

My wife just doesn't understand, it's not about just being a "car" it's about being a MAN!! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
kirndog said:
I agree, if you see me on the side of the road collecting can's please understand I'm not a bum, I'm just a guy with an obsession over a darn car!:eek:

:D :D :D

I'll be on the other side of the road.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was planning on buying a new car this year... And I did not know which one to buy.

Now I saw the light... And I'm on a mission!!

Must... Have... One... And it has to be the SRT-8 model.:eek:

·
Registered
779 Posts
The price is fairly similar to the old one, relatively speaking. Loaded up hemis would top $ 5k. The minimum wage in 1970 was $ 1.45 per hour. You could get a base model with options in the $ 3k range then, so it's not a whole lot different now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think a lot of people are going to be unpleasantly suprised when they see the sticker price of the SRT-8 drool model. I asked a local dodge dealer in central CA to estimate the cost of a "fully loaded" car and he quoted 48k, around the price of a fully loaded charger. This excludes a possible 5-15k merchant "popularity" markup that we're likely to see in the first year at least. Ack.

The sick irony here being everytime I thought about the 1970 hemi challenger I swore I would have bought one fully loaded if I had the chance (I'm 36) off the showroom floor, in spite of knowing the hemi alone would double the price of the car. Fate it seems is telling me to put my money where my mouth is.

I plan on canvasing all of CA to find the right dealer if that's what it takes.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mid 50s would kill sales of an SRT version, IMO. At least in my case, I'd pass. Low 40s, I'll do it. 50s....forget it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
CharlieS said:
Mid 50s would kill sales of an SRT version, IMO. At least in my case, I'd pass. Low 40s, I'll do it. 50s....forget it.
Yep, I'm in the same boat. Upper 30s, low 40s for well equiped, but creep up much higher than that...yikes, tough to stomach.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On a more realistic note, DCX has to price in-line with the current models. That being a given, the Challenger R/T will probably go for the low to mid 30's, depending on level of equipment, just like the 300C , the R/T Charger, and Magnum R/T, all with the HEMI. The SRT versions of these same cars is in the upper 40's, at least in my area. Several dealers, locally, have lesser versions of the current cars (V-6's) advertised for as low as $21,000.

As for me, I'm selling my '65 Corvette Coupe, my '03 Triumph Speedmaster custom bike, my old golf clubs, old car parts, even a pint or two of blood, saving my lunch money, just so I don't miss out on this latest wave of MOPAR automotive excitment. I was into 440's back then, didn't want a HEMI. Not this time!

I'm gonna pay CASH for mine! Another advantage of being older! I'll be 60 when they finally hit the streets! I don't mind, really! I'll just go hide in a cloud of tire smoke!

·
Registered
334 Posts
CharlieS said:
See my post on "3 Versions" of the Challenger. The "T/A" version would be
least expensive, but it would have a hi output V6 (something close to 280 HP), along with an excellent suspension, trans, brakes, etc. It would be priced low, with a minimum of luxury options, so, a kid could afford it, and NOT be embarissed by the big Hemis. Dual Exhaust would be manditory.

LJB:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
By the time the Challenger comes out, the average new car price will probably be over $30,000. Sad but true. Look back and see what a Road Runner cost compared to other new cars of the day, and I can't imagine a new Challenger at $30k is too far removed from that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well regardless of cost I am getting the 6.4 HEMI.............My beautiful wife understands:rolleyes: she is so understanding, she is so lovable. She even suggested on changing up the new house garage plans so I can have a seperate Muscle Car Garage:eek: imagine that!

But as I sit back and let logic enter my cranium, I can see a viking cook stove with matching double ovens, sub zero and all the other unecessary kitchen appliances..............im going to tell her she needs avg joe appliances-hold on I will be right back..............................................YOU CRAZY

1 - 20 of 20 Posts