Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. I was cleaning the filter on my Mopar cold air intake today and cracked the 90 degree elbow that connects the crankcase vent hose to the CAI filter cone. I called Steve White Motors, but as expected, the part is only available in the kit and not as a replacement part. Figured I’d post this just in the rare case someone has a parted out CAI and has this laying around.
Part I needed is shown in the attached pic. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
On the back page, I believe, of the instruction sheet is a phone number for technical assistance at Mopar. I once needed the grommet for the IAT sensor for my CAI when the original cracked. I called and asked if replacement parts were available and how much. He asked what I wanted, got my address and sent a couple out to me free of charge. Worth a try.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
you could also go to the parts house and get a preformed hose that has a 90 degree bend, just search through their hose selection in the back til you find size and bend needed, buy the hose cut out what's needed and adapt it in. is there enough room just to buy a longer rubber hose and slide it over the plastic hose that broke( just cut off the bad part), not sure how the set up looks when installed - maybe cut the plastic line short and use a longer black rubber hose to make the connection- eliminate the plastic 90 degree bend and just use a longer black rubber hose and bend it around and make the connection. just some ideas. Let us know what you do/did.

Reactions: Archer71

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
How badly is the elbow cracked? If you cannot buy a replacement, at a reasonable cost, you may want to try gluing it back together with plastic epoxy. I have tried this stuff and it works great.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
How badly is the elbow cracked? If you cannot buy a replacement, at a reasonable cost, you may want to try gluing it back together with plastic epoxy. I have tried this stuff and it works great.

I will second the J.B. Weld recommendation. That stuff is rock hard once it cures. Even if you broke the elbow in half, I bet it can be saved.

Reactions: Archer71

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Wasn’t really a problem after all. I cut a piece of the old one off and extended the hose. $15 in parts and world fine. I guess I panicked for nothing. Appreciate the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts