Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spotted this today high altitude testing in Colorado. I heard rumors that it was running around Brighton. I pulled over and got pictures as it passed. No vent ports but the grill was different, the exhaust tips different and the sound oh the sound! photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I'm gonna go with... absolutely not.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Uh-oh, someone snatched a photo of my dirty car!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I don't think so. Unless this one is running around with a hellcat engine for testing purposes only.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Judging by the manufacturer plates, front cover and altitude location, it very well could be.

Unfortunately, as exciting as these Hellcat sightings are, they are as inconclusive and speculative as a UFO sighting.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They usually do that here in Colorado with the drivetrains we see many test mules running the high plains and I 70 up the mountain. I have had a few fun encounters with these cars in the past. It definitely was a different motor!

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
The test mules (I guess) that came through our area had a cover that extended back over the hood.

·
Registered
373 Posts
its probably just engine tester, the others that have been sighted are probably the 2015 model cars thats why they're more covered

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
It's a Hellcat, look at the front brake calipers.. Those are six piston.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice work OP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts