Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with a pissed off wife, I decided to go down to the Dodge dealership today and get the Hemi Orange R/T. I was supposed to wait until April when I will pay off my truck with our tax return, but they probably wont have any HO's by then. So, yeah, on top of that we are saving money to buy a house. So I got what I want, but my wife is not happy with the car payment.

Here are some of the specs:

R/T J package automatic
20" chrome clad wheels
sunroof
dvd navigation
leather
fender to hood stripes
heated seats
hid lights
soudgroup II

I just couldn't pass up the 2010 HO. Plus I didn't like the new changes. I'm sure I'll miss out on the upgraded suspension, but I don't like the new steering wheel or the door handles. The color choices are bad as well for 2011 as I have stated in other posts.

·
Super Moderator
13,700 Posts
Congratulations in getting what you wanted.

My wife wasn't happy with my Hemi-orange SRT purchase two years ago and, occasionally, still brings it up. Most women will never understand. :brickwall:

·
Banned
407 Posts
So, with a pissed off wife, I decided to go down to the Dodge dealership today and get the Hemi Orange R/T. I was supposed to wait until April when I will pay off my truck with our tax return, but they probably wont have any HO's by then. So, yeah, on top of that we are saving money to buy a house. So I got what I want, but my wife is not happy with the car payment.

Here are some of the specs:

R/T J package automatic
20" chrome clad wheels
sunroof
dvd navigation
leather
fender to hood stripes
heated seats
hid lights
soudgroup II

I just couldn't pass up the 2010 HO. Plus I didn't like the new changes. I'm sure I'll miss out on the upgraded suspension, but I don't like the new steering wheel or the door handles. The color choices are bad as well for 2011 as I have stated in other posts.
what other posts? just messing with you. congrats on the new ride...good luck with the wife. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

minus the angry wife, probably a good decision seeing as there's not a huge difference in the R/T from '10 to '11 and you got the color you wanted.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hell Yeah Congrats!! BTW If the wife acts up trade her in next!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
You will love the HO Challenger. I got mine in 2009 and get compliments on it everywhere I go. The HO color really stands out. Of course, I do get the occasional remark asking when I'll be putting the 01 on the door. But I don't mind. I have not tired of the car or the color yet. It's just what I wanted and I am happy with it. And my wife was PO'd too. She also brings it up occasionally. But then again, she brings up stuff I did 20 years ago that made her mad. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
you can always get a new wife HO is the fastest color

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Guess I didn't have that problem with my wife. Used to. Now, I sometimes think that she should ***** at me before I buy crap that I don't need.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congradulations!

Sooner or later she will calm down but remind you for years about it. That's what wife's do. Every time you get in it and go for a ride it is worth all the greif you will ever get.

I am lucky enough to have a wife that has put up with me for a very long time. I also bought her one first and I am on my second one in 10 months.

Now she does not care what I do "As long as I behave". But then again I am always in trouble for something.

Enjoy the car and when you do get that new house go for a 3 car garage. Your new baby needs a warm place to stay.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Congrats and condolences

I'm the luckiest guy in the world. In September when I spotted my (soon to be) DY RT on the lot, I went home in a daze to tell the wife what I just "sat in". She got pretty upset, pretty quickly. She's a red head, so enough said.

"You better not be toying with me about this car" and " When are WE going back to the dealership" and " If you back out from buying this RT, I'll club you past silly and to death" and " Then I'll buy it myself".....................were all blurted out, with a few more "phrases" added.

Giddy up we went, and brought "old yeller" home.

Like I said, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Enjoy your new ride, and it might be you're only ride for a while.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You will love the HO Challenger. I got mine in 2009 and get compliments on it everywhere I go. The HO color really stands out. Of course, I do get the occasional remark asking when I'll be putting the 01 on the door. But I don't mind. I have not tired of the car or the color yet. It's just what I wanted and I am happy with it. And my wife was PO'd too. She also brings it up occasionally. But then again, she brings up stuff I did 20 years ago that made her mad. Enjoy!!
I've had the car since 630 on the 30th of Nov, and I've had the 01 comment 3 times already! It's not even the right kind of car. HO was my 4th choice of color, behind Detonator Yellow, TorRed, and black, but it's growing on me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will love the HO Challenger. I got mine in 2009 and get compliments on it everywhere I go. The HO color really stands out. Of course, I do get the occasional remark asking when I'll be putting the 01 on the door. But I don't mind. I have not tired of the car or the color yet.
This is funny. We are living with my inlaws while we save up money for the new house, so my wife was scared of what they would say. When my Father-in-law got home from work and saw the car, he was like a kid at christmas. When my Mother-in-law got home she asked if my daughters were now considered Daisy Dukes. I couldn't have had better responses.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I sure am glad my husband wanted me to have this car as much as I wanted it.

Buying a car is a big purchase to not have both parties 100% invested in it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts