Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was recently looking into replacing my black cloth seats in my 2018 392 shaker with a set of black and red leather replacements of some sort. I found out about katskins and leatherseats.com and got price quotes from the websites and then went to custom shops to get a quote. Well the lowest quote I got for the seats and install was $1450 and the highest was a whopping $2300.
I was not feeling that.

So i did some more research and found out about custom fit seat covers by companies like IGGEE and coverking, the only thing is I found information from other forums for cars like jeep, ram, and corvette. I didnt really see much for challengers or chargers.

So long story short i went ahead and bought a set of front and rear coverking leatherette seat covers in black and red. I got them today and installed them. Took me about 2-2.5 hours to install the set.

let me say i am pretty impressed. instead of paying $1450-2300 I paid $424. Now in the end they are just seat covers that slide over your existing upholstery, but for me this is a much better option then dropping more on leather seats then i spent on my new hellcat replica wheels with tires.

so all in all im a pretty happy dude:)

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I was recently looking into replacing my black cloth seats in my 2018 392 shaker with a set of black and red leather replacements of some sort. I found out about katskins and leatherseats.com and got price quotes from the websites and then went to custom shops to get a quote. Well the lowest quote I got for the seats and install was $1450 and the highest was a whopping $2300.
I was not feeling that.

So i did some more research and found out about custom fit seat covers by companies like IGGEE and coverking, the only thing is I found information from other forums for cars like jeep, ram, and corvette. I didnt really see much for challengers or chargers.

So long story short i went ahead and bought a set of front and rear coverking leatherette seat covers in black and red. I got them today and installed them. Took me about 2-2.5 hours to install the set.

let me say i am pretty impressed. instead of paying $1450-2300 I paid $424. Now in the end they are just seat covers that slide over your existing upholstery, but for me this is a much better option then dropping more on leather seats then i spent on my new hellcat replica wheels with tires.

View attachment 1020525
Wow this looks really good. I wanted to get the same style you have. My only question as these are covers, do they move when you sit down? Do you have to re adjust them? I've never seen how a seat cover is installed so I'm ignorant to these.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
I was not feeling that.

View attachment 1020525
Those actually look pretty nice. I may have to consider the same thing for my Magnum as the driver seat is showing a lot of wear and coming apart just a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow this looks really good. I wanted to get the same style you have. My only question as these are covers, do they move when you sit down? Do you have to re adjust them? I've never seen how a seat cover is installed so I'm ignorant to these.
So ive had them on for just a day but they dont move at all. you have to tuck the sides of the cover behind the plastic and they have tightening clips, elastic hooks, and big rubber edges that will keep it tight, so i dont see it moving anytime soon. and im a big guy at 325 lbs.

after a day of sitting on them all the air buldges and wrinkles have popped out. besides the over hanging little edges near the bottom of the backs and the front legs, you would NEVER know these werent stock upholstery.

like for real I REAAALLLLYY recommend it to anyone who wants a leather type seat and doesnt want to drop money on an upholstery change

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a video from coverking showing the install on a 2016 hellcat. I have the exact same seat covers as I have the same style of seats as the SRT just cloth.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
No doubt those look really nice and I would not know they were covered if you had not said something. On your Challenger do you know if the side airbags are in the sides of the seat back?

If so, I wonder if the seat covers take that into consideration somehow.?

Maybe that's what this extra piping area?
Shoe Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Sleeve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt those look really nice and I would not know they were covered if you had not said something. On your Challenger do you know if the side airbags are in the sides of the seat back?

If so, I wonder if the seat covers take that into consideration somehow.?

Maybe that's what this extra piping area?
View attachment 1020612

yes that screen shot is the airbag flap. so tucked inside that extra piping is simply a long piece of the leather material stuffed inside. so i could pull out that leather and my cloth would be exposed. this is so incase the airbag needs to go off theres no prevention of inflation. it will blow right through that hole.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
All I can think of every time I see the title of this thread is this late 70's song

Too much useless stuff rattling around in my brain :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
All I can think of every time I see the title of this thread is this late 70's song

Too much useless stuff rattling around in my brain :D

A Guy
Funny, When I see pics of your car or other Black Challengers, I get this song stuck in my head...
Black Sunshine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where did you find the rear covers all I can find are the front seat covers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts