Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are home, I assume you must have washed and detailed your car. Show me your shine (and what you used).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Actually, mine hasn't been washed in more than a month...only driven to store and back :(

A Guy

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
Cuda 340 boy that car is spotless you could eat off it very nice

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
152 Posts
I just washed her during my lunch since nobody is at work, applied Bead Maker and Meguiars tire shine. It's pollen season here in Raleigh so it's not going to stay clean for long. Still Swirl free after 5

years as a daily driver
;) View attachment 991568 View attachment 991569
5 years! My hat off to you... I "hate" [strong word!] swirls... 99.99% of cars have swirls... Mine is only a bit over 2 months. You obviously know how to wash it!

Being a new 2019, I "clayed" mine, which the Dealership should have done, and had it PPF! ["Solar Guard Pro Shield Hydro+", self healing]. Getting too old to spend much time detailing.

Those days are gone! No more buffing and this and that.

Wash [2 buckets method], dry [180 mph blower] and a fine spray of this Lucas guy which I really like and besides the point, smells good! That is that... Bugs, as right now 100 miles = 1 lb bugs, all comes off easily.

5 years!!! Amazing... Did I say "Nice Car" ?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
5 years! My hat off to you... I "hate" [strong word!] swirls... 99.99% of cars have swirls... Mine is only a bit over 2 months. You obviously know how to wash it!

Being a new 2019, I "clayed" mine, which the Dealership should have done, and had it PPF! ["Solar Guard Pro Shield Hydro+", self healing]. Getting too old to spend much time detailing.

Those days are gone! No more buffing and this and that.

Wash [2 buckets method], dry [180 mph blower] and a fine spray of this Lucas guy which I really like and besides the point, smells good! That is that... Bugs, as right now 100 miles = 1 lb bugs, all comes off easily.

5 years!!! Amazing... Did I say "Nice Car" ?

View attachment 992232

View attachment 992233
Yeah the key is minimize touching. I also air dry the car and before that very kind hand drying with a plush microfiber towel. BTW love your Challenger color. Is it a Granite? I had a 2013 Blacktop Granite R/T 6spd prior to the Shaker. Also kept it very clean. I was a big Mother's Professional Series when I had the Blacktop.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here in New Jersey, we have not had the best weather but did have a 70-degree day and took full advantage to do some detailing during the lockdown. I use Griot's Garage brilliant finish car wash in my IK Foam Pro 12 foam sprayer. I use Adams eco wheel cleaner, tire shine, and Ceramic boost detail spray. I start with the wheels using Adam's barrel brush. Then a good quality wash mitt after I foam up the car. The IK 20 is a great inexpensive way to have a foamer, hose down and dry with a leaf blower. Finish off with Adam's Ceramic Boost. A few paint flaws but not bad for a 3-year-old black car. I have enjoyed the days I can take the car out.
2849167C-A51C-4132-85FE-8D1C2C028C24_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
314 Posts
I'm so irritated cause my poor challenger hasn't been washed in forever. Where I am in my condo complex we don't have anywhere we can wash our cars, and I won't dare take it through a drive through car wash with those nasty dirty brushes. My usual place has been closed, so I'm kinda out of luck for now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Look for a LaserWash near you. It won't get a very caked on dirty car clean, but will get you most of the way to completely clean if just dusty/dirty, If they are open these days

A Guy

Reactions: RobsRTplus

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I'm so irritated cause my poor challenger hasn't been washed in forever. Where I am in my condo complex we don't have anywhere we can wash our cars, and I won't dare take it through a drive through car wash with those nasty dirty brushes. My usual place has been closed, so I'm kinda out of luck for now.
I'm with you. I'm in the same situation as the self serve car wash near me has been closed for a few weeks now. I think I might have to break down and try a drive thru car wash, but I haven't done that since the 80's.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
438 Posts
Hand wash (Meguiar’s deep crystal) w/ Adam’s detail spray after cool down. Some boxes and loose shoes + garage door module reflection show shine. 👍🏼

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm with you. I'm in the same situation as the self serve car wash near me has been closed for a few weeks now. I think I might have to break down and try a drive thru car wash, but I haven't done that since the 80's.
damn, we got 8$ all you can wash self serve bays. I spend more time in the bay hand drying than hand washing. I am sure peps look at all my towels and adams sprays and just roll their eyes. They know I gonna be in there awhile. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts