Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body use this??
I searched and it looked like A GUY has but was curious what the consensus was...
Need to do something with the plastic on the bottom of the car. Not sure if this is called the valance?
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,172 Posts
Consider this like a paint coating, but for the plastic trim (rockers and yes, valance ;) ). Below are 2 photos, one taken the day I picked it up after Dlux applied 9/8/2016. The other taken earlier this week.

9/8/2016

This week

Mind it was applied when plastics were still perfect, a little over 3 months old, but car is washed almost every weekend, and has almost 12,000 miles on it now. The rockers and lower valance still look like they did when they left the detailer. Dlux adds a luxurious look to that trim, not a change of color, not shiny, hard to explain.

A similar product would be GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. Also a semi-permanent coating that bonds with the plastic, and doesn't just wash off.

Most trim restorers are made for black plastic trim, and if our trim is black, it's certainly an odd black. More dark grey to me. In any case, you wouldn't want to use any of the dies, although the back to black type products likely wouldn't blacken the grey trim. Have a look here:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/foru...restorer-showdown-round-2-long-pic-heavy.html

If you want a long term product, you can't go wrong with Dlux. Make sure you clean the trim as well as you can, and then use an IPA (Isopropyl alcohol), or product like Carpro Eraser, or Gyeon Prep to remove all oils, waxes, etc. Then coat away and years of no extra maintenance trim :)

A Guy

Reactions: Decay
1 - 3 of 3 Posts