Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all:

I've got a 2016 SRT 392 automatic with 35,000 miles and have been hearing a "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up a hill. Took it to the dealer today and was able to reproduce the problem for the service rep. After examining the car, they're telling me the exhaust manifold on the left side is cracked. All covered under warranty but I'm wondering if others have experienced this issue.

Anything weird about the SRT 392 I should know about manifold-wise or am I just lucky enough to get a defective one?

Much thanks for any feedback.

jl

·
Super Moderator
15,343 Posts
It could be a defective weld when the shorty was manufactured.

I had a GM car that had tubular steel exhaust manifolds and one had to be replaced due to developing a leak.

Be glad its under warranty - between the price of the part and the labor to install it, that would add up to some $$$

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, all:

I've got a 2016 SRT 392 automatic with 35,000 miles and have been hearing a "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up a hill. Took it to the dealer today and was able to reproduce the problem for the service rep. After examining the car, they're telling me the exhaust manifold on the left side is cracked. All covered under warranty but I'm wondering if others have experienced this issue.

Anything weird about the SRT 392 I should know about manifold-wise or am I just lucky enough to get a defective one?

Much thanks for any feedback.

jl

Not sure yet, but I am wondering if I have the same problem. Dealer cannot replicate the noise, I can make it do it when under hard acceleration, under load. Sounds almost like detonation. Does it worse when the car has been driven a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep cracked my headers going over a speed bump had the same flickering sound from the crack and was getting a p2098 code with check engine light ? after new headers installed no more sound and no more engine light I switched from BBK headers to jba and the JBA headers performance is better to me also cost $500 for the ceramic coated headers and $500 for the install?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts