Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Dodge Challenger RT. It has a cold air intake and after market exhaust. The headers crack about three years ago. I have them replaced and now once again they are crack not just one pipe of two now. None of the garages I have had look at it can tell me why they are cracking.
Please Please Help!
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Marie ;) Where precisely do they crack? Pictures = 1000 words also. Who manufactured the headers? Excess heat could cause cracks, as could physical movement if the rest of the exhaust is pushing down on the headers. Just cheap headers, especially if they crack at the welds is always a possibility.

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are short after market headers. I can't get a picture because of the location of the cracks. I think I am going with factory headers. I bought it with the factory market headers on it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
If shorty headers, quality even more indicated. Less stress on shorties than long tube from the cats and rest of exhaust. Do you know the brand? Or some eBay knockoffs?

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts