Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 R/T Classic Green with Envy. I honked a little too hard at a kid texting and driving who was three feet in my lane yesterday and cracked my horn/airbag cover.

I managed to find a dodge parts place that had a diagram of the steering wheel with the cover but it only listed a screw and no part number for the cover. The cover had a 2 listed on the diagram only.

From what I can find, it seems you have to buy the entire airbag assembly to get the cover. eBay searches show used airbags for about $105 and up. I found one company that sells just the cover for $89.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get just the cover at a reasonable price or am I stuck with paying at least $89 for a replacement?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,893 Posts
I have always been under the impression that the airbag and the cover were joined together. Every one of the airbags I have removed from Challengers have been a single unit from the factory. Not 100% sure about a 2011 Challenger, that's like the only year model I have never owned lol!

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
Its probably an assumption that when an airbag deploys, you need a new cover as its the sacrificial part.

Probably when you hit it hard, it split along the break lines designed into the cover.

I found a site srscover.com that looks like a resource to get a new cover.

Many of the ones I found online seem to be cover & airbag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts