Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
When the time comes around (one of mine has a small crack at the front corner) - I'll replace with the '15 style ones.

The '15 covers have a small canard (wing) at the leading edge of the rocker cover where it wraps around to go into the rear of the front wheel well.
- that might help mitigate stone damage and hopefully the dimensions were revised and perhaps resolve the stress cracks that form where they wrap into the wheel well.

Since the body is the same, these ought to install onto the '08-'14 cars readily.
Did you ever end up doing this? My 2010 Challenger has cracks on all of the rocker moldings. The back end has completely cracked through and I need to figure it out ASAP. These rocker moldings are about $300 now and that's insane.

Was wondering if you could put the new style rocker moldings on.

·
Super Moderator
14,674 Posts
I never did - I sold the '09 back in the summer of '15 when I got my order in for the '16.

The '16 will be 4 years old in November and the rocker cladding is holding up find.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,866 Posts
Did you ever end up doing this? My 2010 Challenger has cracks on all of the rocker moldings. The back end has completely cracked through and I need to figure it out ASAP. These rocker moldings are about $300 now and that's insane.

Was wondering if you could put the new style rocker moldings on.
Having owned almost every year model of Challenger and having to replace both the rocker panels from the early models to the current model, I can testify you cannot use a 2015+ rocker cladding and install it on the 08-14 model years. Extensive changes were made on how these new claddings go onto the lower part of the car to include new connection points that go into the side of the car that did not exist on then 08-14 challengers. The only reason I replaced a rocker cladding on a 2015 Challenger was because I was repainting that particular Challenger. Oh, and when you remove a current cladding you almost destroy all the small plastic body connectors, so a replacement becomes almost certain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was told the small lower plastic mounting clips were unavailable separately, so I think I ended up using VW Golf trim clips - more brittle though. I'm in the UK, so no Dodge dealers to go ask.
Last to US trip though, I discovered "GM Trim Clips" Adance Auto parts - Dorman 963-567D - identical to the originals.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts