Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so Im just making a quick thread for some input on my current dilemma. So before i got my 2013 rallye redline, i owned an '09 ram 1500 regular cab. In that truck i had a setup with 2 pioneer 12" subs (walmart brand) and 2 seperate enclosures suitable for regular cab trucks along with an aftermarket head unit. Now im wanting to install this setup into the challenger, but obviously it would be dumb to have these 2 boxes in there when i could have an entire custom made one for the car. (have it installed first, and then replace box later). anyways, my dilemna is that i have no experience in installing this kind of stuff so i need someone to install it for me. this guy on craigslist had tons of ads posted and looked like he did good work so i said "why not get an estimate?". so i head over to his shop (his garage connected to his house in a sketchy neighborhood) and get a quick estimate to install everything for $100. thats pretty decent compared to most other professional shops. the only thing is, this guy seems a bit "off". when you look and talk to him he just doesnt seem to be 100% there. so im kinda debating on this entire situation because im not so sure im comforatable leaving my challenger with some stranger. not trying to judge a book by its cover, but im just worried if he does a crappy job or messes up the electronics in the car i could be screwed in the long run. help!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Go to a professional shop, pay a few extra bucks, you'll probably get a installation warranty as well, and save yourself some headaches or at the very least worry while your car is there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I've learned the hard way that Craigslist not only allows individuals to buy/sell freely, but also attracts people who do not want to be held accountable.

If you care about results, shop where you can review someone's work quality and reputation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the responses guys. For a highschool senior, the low price is so attractive! But I suppose in the long run it could end up just costing more!

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
. . . when you look and talk to him he just doesnt seem to be 100% there. . .
Are you sure he wasn't on drugs? From what you described, I wouldn't want him working on my car. Save up your $ and take it to a professional shop (or learn to do it your self if you have the interest).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts