Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have an 09 B5 Blue 6-Speed SRT Challenger. I posted a tread back in Oct 2010 about a creak in my left rear suspension. Car only had 4k on it.Jacked it up ,couldn't find the problem. I would only hear the creak when I let out the clutch and when I would accelerate or decelerate, Nothing over bumps. After three different dealers, Glenn Thomas Dodge in Long Beach finally found the problem and treated me great. Don't deal with Cerritos Dodge. Anyway it turns out it was the left side subframe isolator bushings that were bad. You can't tell they are bad by looking at them. I checked the old ones and they looked fine. Evidently it came apart internally.I know several others on this site had the same problem. Make sure your dealer you choose has Chassis Ears to locate the noise, otherwise you'll be wasting your time as I did at first. Hopefully this will help.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats on finally getting the service you paid for and getting her fixed. It's tough to get Dealers to actually put in the work that you expect for your purchase sometimes, but there are good ones out there. Do you got any pics of the bad piece that you can post up? And, what are Chasis Ears?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Creak in Rear suspension

Saltydog, I didn't take any pictures because the bushing looked new. It came apart internally. The dealer returned the bushings to Dodge. The work was done under warranty. Chassis Ears are clamps with Mics they put in the areas they think the noise is coming from enabling them to pinpoint the specfic area electronically. I didn't actually see them but this is what the mechanic told me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the same problem with my 09 b5 srt, it took me 3 months and 18 days to get mine fixed. I guess there is more then one sub frame for the our cars, so finally the 4th one they got in was the right one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Chassis Ears are great. I have a set. They are tiny microphone on clips, that can be mounted on different suspension components, then it goes through a head set and you can switch between the mics and find out where the noise is the loudest, and what is causing the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts