Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SXT Plus
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started hearing a creaking noise when adjusting the lumbar support. It sounds like an old couch. I put the lumbar back support all the way down and all the way up and even half way and it still makes a creak. Dealer said they couldn’t duplicate the issue, which is what I expected. I’m not a big guy only 170 lbs and it happens when you make a turn or hit a bump or a dip or anything really. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I’m gonna have them re-look when I go for a tire rotation in a couple weeks. Under 10k miles by the way, this shouldn’t ever be an issue with such low mileage.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
does it creak when you move IT, or does it creak when YOU move?
I kept hearing a creak noise that I couldn't locate when I moved, I swore it was lower in the seat, then I finally figured out it was the seat belt going in and out of the retractor directly behind my head when I turned, so I couldn't locate the sound.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SXT Plus
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
does it creak when you move IT, or does it creak when YOU move?
I kept hearing a creak noise that I couldn't locate when I moved, I swore it was lower in the seat, then I finally figured out it was the seat belt going in and out of the retractor directly behind my head when I turned, so I couldn't locate the sound.
No, 100% it’s from the part of the seat that your back is against. It’s such an obvious sound and the service dept said they couldn’t hear it. I’m going to go again in a couple weeks, I know it’s only going to get worse. It happens when I hit a dip or driveway or any sort of incline or decline

·
Registered
2019 R/T ScatPack B5 Blue
122 Posts
I have a 2019 R/T ScatPack with 5,600 miles and have the same issue! I have a 6 speed manual and when I'm rowing through the gears, the suttle back and forth motion against the seat causes it to creak sometimes, thankfully not all the time. Let me know what the dealer says!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SXT Plus
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to post an update on my issue. Finally after over a month of back and forth with the dealership and back order of parts, the dealership said it was an issue with the seat backing. It took them about 2 days and they replaced the seat backing. So far it’s been good and I have no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.