Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a jazz blue SRT a with a 6-speed. What advice can you offer for things I should do ASAP? I haven't owned a new car since my 89 Dodge Spirit ES turbo! I decided to add LoJack and the wheel/tire warranty, but nothing else warranty wise. I won't put 10k/year on it.

I decided to order the factory mud flaps so I can mount them ASAP. Before the serious burn outs start lol.

Skip shift delete seems up there on the to do list. Waiting to see how much it bugs me lol.

Unsure how the dealer prepped it. It was driven about 230 miles from NY to MA for me in a transfer so they had to scrape some bugs off. Should I put a good carnauba wax on? Or a paint sealer? I also,plan to wax the wheels. I am thinking I should get some extra paint protection on ASAP. I opted to skip some Simonize acrylic coating the dealer offered me.

It is pollen season and it is outside. Should I get a decent NOAH car cover or push for garage space? Too many cars.

What about interior protection? I have the upgraded Sepia interior. The guide that came with it said nothing about conditioning the leather, which I thought odd.

Are there software flashes I should do for things like the HK stereo? Base is a little weak at volume levels shy of deafening.

Anything that you wish you had done ASAP after buyin that you regret? Your advice is appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just bought a 2015 R/T plus classic and i first did window tinting, took some clay bar to the paint and applied paint sealant.
Thats all i have done that i thought was important first steps. I am sure others will chime in with many other suggestions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Buy a good catch can for your baby ?

Reactions: Donniet53

·
Registered
300 Posts
UPR Products makes a nice catch can. $119 with whatever mount you want... fender, water pump, or head.

You can find them on e-bay or directly from their website.

Reactions: Donniet53

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did a upr catch can, and tint first thing

·
Registered
415 Posts
Buy a good catch can for your baby ?
I don't have a CAI, just the hellcat lower box kit. Do they make them that will fit around the stock air box that extends to the left of the hood latch? I have looking at a few you tube vids.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
485 Posts
I rarely have the skip-shift problem, just keep the revs up and shift into second above 18-20 mph. The leather has a protective coating, just wipe with a damp cloth, at least until it starts wearing off. Check you EQ settings, pull the midrange and treble down, bass up and fiddle with it until you are happier with the sound. Cycle your hill holder to see if you get a smoother part throttle take off. Play with the suspension and steering settings to set her up just the way you like. The Mopar short stick and aluminum shift ball makes an inexpensive upgrade, shorter shifts and no leather seam to irritate your palm in rush hour traffic. My Barton shifter is on order, I'm hoping it is another improvement in my shifting experience. Enjoy your new ride, SRT's are awesome!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Drive...rinse repeat.

Reactions: ChallengerR/TFan

·
Registered
202 Posts
We've been having some rain here in TX and I got my car about a month ago. After the first rain the disc brakes were totally rusted. My car has been in the shop since I noticed it so I'm not sure if it rubbed off after breaking, but I saw something just recently on the forums that you can apply to them to make'em stay nice looking. Once I get the car back ill probably apply that.

Already tinted the windows the first week.

Debating the oil catch can...it seems to be a really popular and we'll debated topic on the forums. I'm no grease monkey, but I have a hard time believing they would manufacture a car that has a serious design flaw without there being recalls for it, so I'm still debating on doing that. *please no arguments about this, i see both sides, and everyone has an opinion, just like an arsehole*

I'm looking into a clear bra as well but I want to find something cheap that works and so far nothings looking cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fyi, car is not in the shop for the brakes...im having rear differential replaced after 250mi :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
What is the catch can for?

Keeps oil vapor from getting into your intake manifold and combustion chamber via the PCV valve.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Buy a good catch can for your baby

I don't have a CAI, just the hellcat lower box kit. Do they make them that will fit around the stock air box that extends to the left of the hood latch? I have looking at a few you tube vids.

A catch can is totally different from a CAI. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about "fitting around the stock airbox"?

Reactions: Tango9Thirteen

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,012 Posts
Take the car to the track, autocross, etc, have fun

·
Registered
565 Posts
First thing is, forget trying to keep from grinning when you look at it or drive it.

Many good suggestions already posted, but I want to caution against a car cover. Just putting a cover on and removing it can harm the paint. And if left outside, the wind whipping it WILL damage the paint. Keep it in the garage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts