Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I've long been a fan of Focal speakers. I finally achieved my dream of a Focal system with our Durango a couple years ago. I biamped a set of 6.5" separates in the front with an Alpine MRX-F65 amp driving them, and bridging an Alpine KTP445U for the rear two, with a JL JX500.1 powering an Alpine 12" sub. For my Challenger, I'd like to try this...

Front speakers - Focal 6.5" 3 way components
Rear Focal 6X9 2 way components
The 6.5" 3 way components - The tweeter and 3" speaker are mounted up front. The 6.5" is replaced with the 6X9 woofer from the By9 component set.
The 6.5" woofer is mated with the crossover and tweeter from the two way for the rear speakers.
Kicker KX800.5 5ch amp, front speakers, rear speakers, one Polk audio 10
Kicker ZX400.1 Second polk audio 10

One polk is powered off the KX800.5, the other polk is powered off the ZX400.1

I have a JBL MS8, and an Audio Control LC8i to use as a LOC. I'm leaning toward the LC8i for ease of setup.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ordered the speakers today

Focal ISS 690
Focal 165AS3
and a dual 10" speaker box for the subs

Going forward, the plan is:

Front speakers: Dash - Focal 165AS3 3" Mid
TBD Focal 165AS3 Tweeter
Door Focal ISS 690 Woofer
Rear speakers: Deck Focal 165AS3 woofer
Focal ISS 690 Tweeter

Using the appropriate crossovers

Two Polk Audio 104DVC

Kicker KX800.5 for the full range and one 10
Kicker ZX 400.1 for the second 10

I'll get the PAC audio interface ordered with Dynamat and install it all in one weekend.

It should sound amazing :D

j

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Direction

Front stage:
Hertz Mille 3 way component kit

Rear fill:
Hertz Mile coaxial

Subwoofers
Alpine SWS10D2 x2

Alpine PDX F6 4ch 150RMS
Alpine PDX 1000.1 1000RMS

Processing Alpine PXA-H800
Alpine RUX-C800E

I have the amps on the way, subs in the trunk, PAC interface as well. Speakers come next month, and install as time and weather permit.

j

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Hertz Mille 3-way set myself, pretty amazing speakers. Curious how you plan to to do the 3 way setup though with just a 4 channel amp? Are you just going to run deck power to the rear speakers for rear fill and then use 2 channels with passive cross over for mid and tweet and then the other 2 channels for the door woofers? My setup is as follows I have the pac piece for optical out, that goes to a Audison Bit One HD (just upgraded from bit one) Digital out through the AD Link of bit one hd Audison Voce 5.1k and Audison Voce AV Due. The A channel on the 5.1k runs hertz mille legend tweeters mounted in my pillars , the B channel runs the 3.5 hertz mille legend mids in the dash. The C channel runs 2 hertz 12" Hi energy subs. The AV due runs the 6.5" hertz mille legend woofers in the doors. I have no rear fill, dont really miss it at all. Car sounds amazing. If you are interested in some equipment I have a bit one and a 3-way set of audison voce speakers sitting around from my last round of upgrades I completed this past week, I would be willing to let them go for a good price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For now, I'm just going to run through the passive crossovers till I can convince the wife to let me get new amps. I'm considering either another F6 Alpine, or go with the JL Audio 6ch amp. If I go active, I'll just forgo the rear full as well. I sent you a PM about your "spare" gear, LOL!

j

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
The problem here still is using 3 way up front thats 6 channels and passive cross overs only address 4 of those, you still have another 2 channels that need powering up front. You could just run your rear fill off deck power and be ok, it is only rear fill it does not need much powering. that would allow you to use your 4 channel to power everything up front.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem here still is using 3 way up front thats 6 channels and passive cross overs only address 4 of those, you still have another 2 channels that need powering up front. You could just run your rear fill off deck power and be ok, it is only rear fill it does not need much powering. that would allow you to use your 4 channel to power everything up front.
This may require I change direction yet again, and go with the JL Audio 6ch amp. If I could find a 5ch amp that can do 1 Ohm, I can do 2 5ch amps.

j

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One other question. The PAC Audio AP4-CH41, behind the touchscreen, or after the amp?

Can I run the full range speakers off the Bit One, and the subs off the PAC sub out? Or, would there be a delay because of the processor?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A big THANK YOU to brewmastr for the great deal on the speakers and processor. They arrived today, well packaged and in great shape. Now, can I wait until the rest of the stuff comes in to get this installed.....

j

·
Registered
113 Posts
No problem. Keep us updated on the build, looking forward to seeing how you mount the tweeters as I have been waffling between redoing my a-pillars or building a custom sail panel for the doors. Currently mine are mounted on the inside of my A-pillars with a piece of grill cloth on the outside, its simple and clean but I think I can improve upon my staging by moving them into a custom sail panel on the door.

A big THANK YOU to brewmastr for the great deal on the speakers and processor. They arrived today, well packaged and in great shape. Now, can I wait until the rest of the stuff comes in to get this installed.....

j

·
Registered
113 Posts
you will need a Y-splitter for your sub channel on the bit one, i see you have 8 rca's going into the bit one which would indicate 2 channels being assigned to your mono 1 channel amp. Other than that looks good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you will need a Y-splitter for your sub channel on the bit one, i see you have 8 rca's going into the bit one which would indicate 2 channels being assigned to your mono 1 channel amp. Other than that looks good.
Would you be able to assign channels 7 and 8? I seem to have misplaced the software CD that came with the Bit, and the laptop isn't even trying to see it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No, that would provide a stereo left and right signal to your 1 channel amp, it is standard practice to use a Y adapter on the sub channel with the bit one. here is one as example http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/rca-cables/krystal-rca-kables/sp/krystal-kable-twisted-pair-y-adapter-1m2f/ As for the bit one not being seen by your laptop, download the full package software with the usb driver from here Audison bit - bit One make sure you follow the usb driver installation instructions perfectly or else it can get a bit finicky. If you need any of the test tracks for tuning (i dont know if you have an RTA or just plan on doing it by ear) I have those available, just PM me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
also make sure all your gains on your amps are set off or disconnect the rca's when initially starting the bit one, would hate for the wrong frequencies to go to the wrong drivers and screw things up. only connect the amps and turn them on once your initial configuration is done in the bit and you have finalized a base setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have sound! Glorious, Three Way Component SOUND! OMG it sound awesome. Next weekend ( This weekend is MoPars on the Mountain, Mt. St. Helens ) and I'm NOT missing that, we tune it with an RTA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts