Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CANCELLED EVENT... (DUE TO RAIN)

Hello to our fellow Challenger owners.

This year I would like to invite any and all of you and your families to attend a special event.
On Saturday, May 17, 2014. I am organizing a fun filled day of driving, sightseeing, eating and well just plain old-fashioned fun.

The First meeting Place is Merrimack Premium Outlets, In Merrimack, NH. in the parking area by the bus stop, look for the Moose, meeting here at 930 am, leaving at 10:00 am.
The 2nd stop along our drive will be at the NH liquor store, on 93 North, Hooksett, NH (We will arrive there around 10:30 am) We will leave 10:45 am, to continue our journey.

For shutterbugs, bring your cameras. There are picturesque moments along the way to Castle in the Clouds.
The tour is self-guided. Visitors can explore all 16 rooms of the mansion, many of which offer spectacular views of the lakes and mountains.
The Castle’s first art gallery exhibition of the season will be showing while we are there. Vermont Artist Kristian Brevik. These over-sized and colorful creatures, are all sculpted from paper!

At 2:30 pm we will leave the Castle, and make our way to Harts Turkey Farm restaurant for Dinner. In addition to turkey, they do server other dishes like steak and fish.

Directions and a map to be handed out the day of the Event.

Anyone that has walkie talkies, Please bring them. It is a little easier to keep in touch if there are a lot of cars in attendance.
~Hope to see you there.
Please let me know how many people will be in your cars so I can let the restaurant and Castle know a head count.

~Nancie Dugal

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd like to attend. Never been to one of these drives before and I've been looking forward to one in our area. Been to Castle in the Clouds before during bike week and it's a great take. Thanks for organizing.

Mike

Reactions: Nancie-Jo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad

Hi Mike,
Very happy you can attend. Will you have anyone riding with you? (Keeping track)
The more cars, the better.
~Nancie

I'd like to attend. Never been to one of these drives before and I've been looking forward to one in our area. Been to Castle in the Clouds before during bike week and it's a great take. Thanks for organizing.

Mike

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Ok I caught up with Donna and Paul - so I am now informed - count me for at least two. My daughter and I will be there, at the Premium mall - There is an way outside chance I may have the wife and eldest daughter too - if they don't attend a horse show that same weekend.

2011 Toxic Orange SRT

I hope I can keep up with ya'll, she may still be tired from her long winter hibernation

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Nancy - just met up with David - while his sweet ride was getting an oil change.
Ask him if he will let you drive the Viper while he takes the Challenger. lol

I am not adding anything new - this is just chatter to give this thread a bump..... and, being jealous Vipergeek is out having fun while I am still driving my winter beater for another week....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Phil,
So, I have driven the Viper, but it will have to be a Garage "Queen" this trip. I need to hang out the window and take pictures. :). Dave is always having something done to his baby.. But it's ok, he has to have fun sometime. and I love driving it when I get a chance.
We shall see you on May 17th. Bring your camera! (a bottle of water) & a led foot and we will be all set. (the speed limit is 70 mph up north.) get your E-Z Pass ready, to fly thru the new tolls. Love those things.
Have a great Easter!
~Nancie ( P.s. it really is spelled Nancie :) )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope everyone had a great Easter, & that we all received, cool gifts in our baskets for our challengers, Car wash gift cards!! Some turtle wax?? who knows with cars the limits are endless. We can't wait to make this run in May and looking forward to traveling with others with the same fantastic vehicles.

~Nancie-jo & Vipergeek:bigthumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just a note

Another week almost gone, this trip is coming up fast and the weather is just Fantastic!!! Can't wait, getting more excited!!

I believe we have a total of 10 cars going right now, with almost double the people. Great Pride in having 10 Challengers in a pack.. or rather a convoy!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Nancie,

I can't be too sure yet if it will be just me or one more. One of my daughters seemed interested but you never really know until you get there, if you know what I mean... I'll try and pin her down to an answer.

Mike

Reactions: Nancie-Jo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NO problem, If she loves taking pictures, and riding in fast cars, well then this is the trip for her. :) If either of ours lived close, they would be right there with us. Another event perhaps.

Until you know if you have a passenger, Have a fantastic day!!

& thanks for coming along for the great ride.
~Nancie

Hi Nancie,

I can't be too sure yet if it will be just me or one more. One of my daughters seemed interested but you never really know until you get there, if you know what I mean... I'll try and pin her down to an answer.

Mike

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but has anyone looked at the long range forecast? Saturday, 17 May looks like 80% rain right now. It has progressively gone up from 40% two days ago.

If it stays at 80% (and in the 03254 zip code, it says potential for torrential rain) I will be canceling. My F1 tires just don't do wet well.

Do we have an alternative date?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We are watching the weather carefully and if it looks like we need to cancel we will do it by Friday afternoon.

I will do my best to reschedule! But it may take me a few weeks to figure that one out.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Nancie please keep me informed when the NE crowd reschedules. I am disappointed and pleased at the same time - weird. Can hardly wait to hear of the new date. The car will just sit and wait - unless WhiteLine calls and tells me my crossmember bushings are in, hehehe - then it's suspension mod time.

See ya soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts