Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a GoPro HD and shot my first video with it yesterday. Did a quick edit and posted on youtube.
Let me know what you think, don't be too harsh :(

5,134 Posts
Awesome video. There's snow on the ground here, so watching this is, uh, depressing :bigthumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great feedback!
I usually put some rock in my music but wanted to try something different & "artistic".
Sorry to have depressed you with the weather. Maybe the next vid I'll drive by the beach with the camera facing the water with the bikini clad chics :browsmiley:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Excellent thanks for sharing cold here and snow is starting to fall just a little...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Awesome video man! Yeah you gonna have to hit the beaches now. :)

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
how did you get to stay on? mine falls off i guess i have to much wax

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Where is this? I just spent a week on the big Island (last week) and only saw two Challengers - one in Waikoloa and one in Hilo.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Don't you run out of road there, LOL.
say hi to my X.

nice vid, really.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
what camera set up is that ... and how did you get it to stick on like that ... I want one ... lol

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Awesome videos! I can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback :thumbsup:

I purchased a GoPro HD (one of the sponsors on here GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports) and the suction cup bracket which has a tri axis pivot which allows multitude of adjustment.

I use Zaino polish on my car and the suction cup holds on STRONG! Yeah, I was kinda nervous it would fall off, now I am nervous I'll tweak the panel it is on.
The shot shooting the LF wheel is the camera attached below the mirror on the door. Next time I'll adjust it so it sticks out further and get a better shot of the brembo brake hopefully :)
The front (no car in picture) as attached to the top of the bumper cover dead center. Since the bumper flexes it did shake more than the other mounting positions.
The shot of it shooting the windshield is at the front edge of the hood next to my hood pin.
The shot shooting the right rear tire was attached to the door.

This camera is awesome. It is actually sharper in the 960 resolution but for some reason it only uploaded to a 480 resolution on youtube. I'll have to figure it out unless someone knows why I'd appreciate the info.

My Mac reads the camera file just as an external drive which makes for quick editing.

Do I run out of road here? Oh yeah, being originally from NYC and driving out towards CT, NJ or upstate is missed sometimes...
You know what is worse? We lost our racetrack 4 years ago. I have this blown SRT8 and nowhere to run it "legally" :(

How does the camera not shake as much as the car, my guess is good video stabilization within the camera?

I live on Oahu where Waikiki is, on Big Island there is actually the one and only SRT8 Challenger police car near Kamuela/Hilo side.

Yep, not too many Challengers, which is good for me. I've seen about a dozen nice RT or SRT8's. There is one other HO SRT8 6spd on island too.

Sorry for the late replies, behind all your time zones and was out for a Toys 4 Tots cruise in my '69 1/2 440+6 Road Runner.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Goehner. Wish I was waiting for a 392 Challenger like you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Great vid ;) Looks like there were some very nice views and a fun cruise. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again for the great feedback!

This past weekend my club participated in a Toys For Tots charity cruise and I added 3 more video clips in HD.
Check them out. I'm in my '69 1/2 Road Runner 440+6

Video Part 1

Video Part 2

Video Part 3

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
All the videos are great fun. Toys Part 3 is my favorite. No soundtrack can compete with the sounds of the car. Impressed with quality of the video, the stabilization software and good sound despite having to deal with wind noise. May have to check one of these out.

I have a big soft spot for the A12 cars, so surely you can get us a drive by from outside the car?!?? Sounds delicious when we ride along in your 440+6.

My only suggestion is whenever in doubt turn down (or off) the soundtrack so we can hear the cars. I'll toss out two videos I like from YouTube. For me, the black Cuda video would be better with the music turned down some or even off occasionally to let us better hear the car. Personally, I prefer the soundtrack / car mix better on the white Challenger video where the soundtrack adds but is in the background, never covering up or competing with the engine...

P.S. Hard to top Hawaii as a background!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great vids 808srt8, keep them coming it's gonna be a long cold winter here. As soon as they put salt on the roads mine will be sitting in the garage. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts