Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Challenger for nearly 2 years now, and I keep delaying the purchase. First the prices were too high, and the dealers wouldn't budge. Now the prices are very attractive, but the new 392 is on the way. If I get a 392, will they come out with the 426/540 hp Cuda?
Does anyone have an insight to the status of the cuda and the power plants they will offer?
Woe is me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is NO CUDA from Dodge or Chrysler. They just trademarked the name. That's it. Nothing else. They need to trademark the name for many reasons, from selling toy models to building a car with that name. It could be anything. There is NO information on anything right now.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed. Buy a Challenger now and love life. If, and I type again, IF, they ever bring back the Cuda with a 426, upgrade and love life more.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
You think they didn't budge on the Challenger prices to begin with. Can you imagine how many of us want a 426 Cuda IF it comes out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have been looking at the Challenger for nearly 2 years now, and I keep delaying the purchase. First the prices were too high, and the dealers wouldn't budge. Now the prices are very attractive, but the new 392 is on the way. If I get a 392, will they come out with the 426/540 hp Cuda?
Does anyone have an insight to the status of the cuda and the power plants they will offer?
Woe is me.
The Cuda is all speculation at this point. Dodge says they're getting a lot of feedback to bring it back but there's nothing beyond that.

My advice is to not worry much about what the future might bring until there's more definite information. There could always be bigger and better and life's too short to be waiting indefinitely on something that may or may not happen. Find the right car for you and enjoy it now :)

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Agree the challenger is just a great time and will be the 2000s classic my thinking is not to wait but GET IT WHILE YOU CAN. Fiat ownership continues would have to wonder how these cars fit the line up the NEW YIKES...Fiat 500C is the same overall size as the 426 Hemi Motor.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed. Buy a Challenger now and love life. If, and I type again, IF, they ever bring back the Cuda with a 426, upgrade and love life more.

Well said Goehner....

I could not agree more.
Get what you can while you can, you can always upgrade later...Life's too short and there's always something comming around the next corner.

If you nooze, you loose!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
A life of indecision is a life of regret. Go for it! :headbang2:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
The only thing in life that's guaranteed is the last breath you just took.
nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.
don't put off enjoying life waiting for something better...IMO

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I would agree with others. The 'Cuda MAY come... but... it will most likely be very limited and be quite expensive. If you want one of these cars get it now and enjoy it. One never knows if life will throw you a curve ball... I was 42 and was told I had cancer... who would have guessed... If you want the car and can afford it now.. go out and get it. Prices are pretty good right now being at the end of the 2010s.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
+1

Coulda woulda shoulda... You snooze you lose.

I bought mine. Perfect? - no. I will sell it to buy a last year model if Fiat decides to ditch the Challenger. If a Cuda comes out - I will buy one then. In the mean time buy one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, this could all be BS, but some inside info from a key position said that the Cuda is already being worked in design for a proof of concept. That only means they're looking at the possibilities and doesn't necessarily mean it will be built. The Challenger was only planned from the start to be a 5 year run, possibly due to no real updates or modifications that can be done without destroying the cars image or shape. The Cuda (supposedly) will be the replacement in 2013 or 2014 for another 5 year run, and will (their words) have the 426 aluminum engine that just now hit the parts division.

Like I said, this may be BS and we'll just have to wait and see what slips out, but it sure sounds logical. The Cuda would be a simple build, as only the sheet metal changes, unless they shorten the wheelbase to better reflect the original Cuda being a shorter wheelbase than the Challenger.. When cornered and questioned about it, the Hemi Highway Tour guy only smiled.

If it's a go, I will have a 2010 for sale in a couple of years!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
no matter when or what you buy there will always be better...you can skip the Challenger and hope for a Cuda...maybe gas prices will go up and the whole thing could be canceled....

buy a Challenger and be happy

·
Registered
820 Posts
Who said it would be a plymouth? They might slap Dodge on it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a better fit ^^^^^

·
Registered
35 Posts
Challenger vs Cuda

Many people would LOVE to have a Challenger and cannot. ENJOY what you have or can have.:) Now that the Challenger is available many are not happy enough and want another model built. The Cuda for now is like having a challenger 10 years ago:(, Just a dream...You cannot Burn out down the street in a dream...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I probably have one more muscle car left in me before I am forced to buy a buick. The only reason I would buy a buick is that I think they come with a free hip replacement. If not, I can't figure out why so many old people drive them.
I have a Bullitt mustang right now, and its a good, fun car, but I want a challenger, or a Cuda if it happens. I can't afford to buy a new one every two years, so buy now and trade in 2013 isn't an option.
I bought a Mercury Cyclone in 1968 when I returned from Vietnam, and I was kicking my own butt 2 years later when the new Cudas hit the market in 1970. Was starting a family and that wasn't the car for me. I really want that new 426/540 motor in something, so I expect I'll just hold on and see what happens. Getting old is the pits.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts