Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 500 miles on my baby. The only complaint I have at this time is the baseball sized, painfully raw sore on my left leg from the cup holder in the door.

I have adjusted my seat every way possible and some portion of that ridiculous example of a first world amenity is still in contact with my knee/calf.

I can't be the only one. Who would one contact to have the panel altered? A custom stereo place I'm thinking?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Replace the panels with pre '15 ones.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,232 Posts
I only have 500 miles on my baby. The only complaint I have at this time is the baseball sized, painfully raw sore on my left leg from the cup holder in the door.

I have adjusted my seat every way possible and some portion of that ridiculous example of a first world amenity is still in contact with my knee/calf.

I can't be the only one. Who would one contact to have the panel altered? A custom stereo place I'm thinking?
I'm not a small guy, and I too find it annoying, but I've never experienced a "baseball sized raw sore spot" as a result of this unnecessary protuberance.

I've looked at it; unless you either create a hole that something like a speaker would fill, or you're going to have a rather scarred looking lower right hand corner of your door panel if you try to have the thing cut out.

Just what were they thinking drivers would put in that thing, anyway?

·
Super Moderator
14,811 Posts
I'm not a small guy, and I too find it annoying, but I've never experienced a "baseball sized raw sore spot" as a result of this unnecessary protuberance.

I've looked at it; unless you either create a hole that something like a speaker would fill, or you're going to have a rather scarred looking lower right hand corner of your door panel if you try to have the thing cut out.

probably those big double walled stainless water bottles or those large plastic ones - probably had a consumer clinic and had feedback about the console holders not being large enough...?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts

16oz aluminum beer can:guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Odd. I'm not a little guy but I haven't noticed it being an issue.
I do sit with my seat almost all the way back but mostly upright.

·
Registered
45 Posts
keeps the water bottle out of the sun.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. All the water bottles I would keep in the center cupholders basically became hot tea.

On a related note, I just noticed the cupholders in the center have shrunken too, so my larger water bottles no longer fit. I was able to squeeze a medium sized one in. Hmmph!

·
Registered
3 Posts
yep it hurt my legs after 15 mins of driving. im 6"1 but if i move the seat up the left size pain is gone but right size starting to hurt.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
412 Posts
The one in the Challenger doesn’t bother me.

However, the door speaker grill in my wife’s Durango R/T is like a cheese grater on my left knee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
This issue is interesting to me because I've never noticed the cup holder, as far as it being in my way.
I've used it a few times for my insulated cup and have been glad it's there. I never use the cup holders in the console because it gets in the way of shifting
I don't know if the one in the door has ever come into contact with my leg. I'm 6'1". Now that I've read this, it'll probably be all in my way tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
No offense but you must have VERY large calf's.......I'm 6"0, 235 but only a 30" inseam so short legs, maybe that's why I don't notice it?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts