Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the door cup holder, its great for water bottles. I'm 6' and no matter how I adjust the seat my leg never gets close. I almost always have my left foot on the dead pedal and the only way I can get my leg to touch the cup holder is if I forcibly spread my legs until it hits. And then the seat side bolsters are more of a pain than the cupholder. If I sit centered in the seat bolsters comfortably my leg is about 3" away from the cupholder.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I might just leave it alone, as it is, the pain is very slight, and I didn't feel it after about 30 seconds after I got out of the car. The foam pipe insulation looks like it might be ok until my leg gets callussed up so it doesn't bug me anymore. I will be in the car a lot tomorrow and I guess that will make me decide. I'll post a pic when I'm done. I'm sure some people will whine about what I did, but I don't really care.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Looks like it will stay this way, still usable, I put a standard water bottle in it and a Lipton tea square one and it held fine, but much less leg discomfort than stock. I know the pic sucks, but my phone's camera is just plain annoying. I sanded the edge down to make it have less of an abrupt corner and that got it to the point it's tolerable.

Once in a while, it does a good job on taking pics, but most of the time, it's just messed up. The "dimple" isn't as deep, the sun made it look worse than it was. Would I do it again? You bet!
If I had a lot of passengers, and if they complained, I would do the other side, and I might anyway.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yea it hits the too of my knee and bugs me in traffic. What do i do? Sit up straight damnit. I, for one, am glad i have these cupholders because i basically launch everything else with my elbow out of the center console when im shifting

·
Registered
19 Posts
I only have 500 miles on my baby. The only complaint I have at this time is the baseball sized, painfully raw sore on my left leg from the cup holder in the door.

I have adjusted my seat every way possible and some portion of that ridiculous example of a first world amenity is still in contact with my knee/calf.

I can't be the only one. Who would one contact to have the panel altered? A custom stereo place I'm thinking?
I agree the driver side cup holder is a torture. Hits you right in the side of the leg. I don’t know how you can avoid it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
I'm amazed at the number of people who have this issue. I never even get close to the cup holder. It has to be the way people sit. My left foot is flat on the dead pedal, and again, never close

A Guy

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I ended up heatgunning the holder, and flattening it a little, so a normal water bottle fits snugly. I went to Lowes and got some of that pipe insulation foam that has a slit opening on it and I cut a piece of it about 4 inches long and put it over the edge of the holder and then shove a bottle of water into it.The foam is locked in and after my leg got some callus on it, I don't notice the holder anymore. I took the bottle and foam off one day, and it was back an hour later.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
37 Posts
I ended up heatgunning the holder, and flattening it a little, so a normal water bottle fits snugly. I went to Lowes and got some of that pipe insulation foam that has a slit opening on it and I cut a piece of it about 4 inches long and put it over the edge of the holder and then shove a bottle of water into it.The foam is locked in and after my leg got some callus on it, I don't notice the holder anymore. I took the bottle and foam off one day, and it was back an hour later.
Yep, I bought foam rubber pipe wrap with the tape already on it.. Installed it over the weekend, today was my first time driving with it and it works wonderfully for me.. And it doesn't look ridiculous either. I mean my leg still touches it but the edge is blunted so it has made it much more tolerable. I will post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
37 Posts
Probably going to clean this up a bit and add some double sided tape to make it more flush. But, it works !

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Trouble is, the tape will deteriorate. That bottle of water will last forever and there is no adhesive goo from tape. I change out the water in it about every two months.
I sat in my friend's new Hellcat when he got it, and wow, I'm so glad I flattened out that holder. Even with the foam and water bottle in his, that curve is just in the wrong spot. He's on the fence about flattening it, but I would bet he does eventually.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts