Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising along and had to pull a U in one of those thin center median lanes, heard/felt the heart dropping scrape. Plan on taking it to the dealership for a few other issues present when I bought the car last year, but just wondering what it is that I damaged under the car?

Just scraped the part in front, but this round post is facing straight down on the other side and on this side now it’s bent inward.

This some kind of undercarriage nipple??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
That post is the lift point for the rear of the vehicle.
I know people say it but I’ve never seen a Challenger on a lift using this as a lift point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is it just an alternative jack point to the pinch weld? I’ve been using the ZL1 magpad

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If you can't see from standing up.....it doesn't really matter. I worked my tail off installing the Treadwear white letters on my original factory tires. REAL curb rash is when you spent hours making them look perfect and a day later you rub 75 % of them off. I have gotten soooooo tired of replacing these things that yesterday I pulled them all off. they had a good 3 year run.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
So is it just an alternative jack point to the pinch weld? I’ve been using the ZL1 magpad

That is correct. I also use the pinch weld adapters and have no choice now because I added sub-frame connectors. Which involved removing that plastic paneling underneath and the post. Don’t worry about that piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts