Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 2016 SRT 392, but the brake dust accumulates quickly and they've been making a high pitched noise when I press the brake pedal, even when I'm using only light to moderate pressure. The weather here did recently get a little cooler, but it still warms up around midday so that shouldn't be the issue. I did leave it sitting for a month while I was up in Colorado and the rotors did have some surface oxidation (which went away after brake usage fairly quickly).

I know these two things are common on the SRT brakes. I'm assuming the cure is different brake pads? Which ones have people been having success with?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought these. The difference in brake dust is unbelievable. I've had them on my car for about nine months. I didn't have any squealing at first but now have a very slight one when I first touch my brakes. I should add I don't hear it every time. There's a good chance it may be caused by some dirt or dust build-up. Maybe that's why it took nearly nine months until I first heard a squeak - it just took that long to build up! I also live in dusty Arizona so it easily could be related to that too.

I should mention I have a 2018 SRT 392.

Good luck!
saint 😇

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought these. The difference in brake dust is unbelievable. I've had them on my car for about nine months. I didn't have any squealing at first but now have a very slight one when I first touch my brakes. I should add it I don't hear it every time. There's a good chance it may be caused by some dirt or dust build-up. Maybe that's why it took nearly nine months until I first heard a squeak - it just took that long to build up! I also live in dusty Arizona so it easily could be related to that too.

Good luck!
saint 😇
Sweet, I'm placing the order for these now.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
Powerstop pads are the way to go!

Either the Z23 or the Z26 works very well and have no dust. Very happy with this option on my SRT Challenger.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,321 Posts
Put the Powerstop Z23's on all four wheels about 6k miles ago, and haven't had an issue since. Brake dust is just about gone. No squeals, EVER. We also learned on this forum that these ceramic pads will go easier on your rotors. This is a good thing because those rotors are pricey and wear out rather quickly.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put the Powerstop Z23's on all four wheels about 6k miles ago, and haven't had an issue since. Brake dust is just about gone. No squeals, EVER. We also learned on this forum that these ceramic pads will go easier on your rotors. This is a good thing because those rotors are pricey and wear out rather quickly.
Excellent, glad I'm doing this upgrade now

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Powerstop pads are the way to go!

Either the Z23 or the Z26 works very well and have no dust. Very happy with this option on my SRT Challenger.

- Alexis
Speedlogix: Might these be on Sale around Black Friday? The Holidays?

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
We have started out blakc
Speedlogix: Might these be on Sale around Black Friday? The Holidays?
We are posting new discounts daily :)

- Alexis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts