Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that care, I compiled a list of television shows on the air now that feature a current-gen Challenger in a leading "car role" in the series.

Title: NCIS LA

Genre: Crime Drama
Car Descript: Black SRT
Shining moment: Season 1, Episode 17: The Challenger is supercharged and gets its fast & furious street race action on.

Title: The Bridge
Car Descript: Black R/T w/ silver fender stripes
Shining moment: Season 2, Episode 12: Bullitt-esque chase scene, but in reverse… new Challenger dominates new Mustang!

Title: Bull Run (Season 2 only)
Genre: Reality TV / rally race
Car Descript: HO R/T w/ black fender stripes and various custom stickers
Shining moment: Season 2, Episode ?: Challenger rocks the “Challenge” mode, avoiding obstacles and etc.

Title: Southland
Shining moment: nothing major to note yet.

Title: Conspiracy Theory
Genre: Reality TV / Drama
Shining moment: nothing major to note yet

Title: The Walking Dead
Genre: Zombie Apocalypse!
Car Descript: TorRed R/T with custom striping
Shining moment: Season 1, Episode 2: Challenger burns around town as a zombie distraction, so others can escape the horde.

Title: Dark Blue
Shining moment: Nothing of note yet

Title: Leverage
Car Descript: HO SRT
Shining moment: Season 3, Episode 8: The challenger gets a boost job and performance tweaks

There are other shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Good Guys, etc. where Challengers make some cameo episode appearances. I didnt include these because they weren't really regular “cast members” so to speak ;)

If anyone has more shows with full-time Challenger action, let me know and I’ll add to the list.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The black SRT8 is a perfect match for Jesse Ventura in his show. Kind of helps his warrior image hunting down the globalists, crooked politicians, greedy wall street bankers, etc. On one of the episodes they even zoomed in on the "challenger" script on the dashboard.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The Walking Dead finished its 6 episode run. The challenger spent most of its life stripped down and sitting in the background. Still looked good though.

Rick did leave a note on the car so we'll probably see it however briefly in season 2. . . . next year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interesting. Most of the Challengers are black SRT-8s...just like the commercials...just like the top-selling color. Come on, advertising dept., let's mix it up a little. Some of us like the High-Impact colors! Thanks for compiling the list. It'll help me keep and eye out for them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On "Leverage" a Hemi Orange SRT-8 shows up on occasion (it's own by the character "Eliot" on the show). The highlight came in a Season 3 episode called "The Boost Job" which showed the car getting some performance tweaks (though they seemed a bit dubious and not real-world). It's a so-so show, but I keep watching just to see if the Challenger shows up again.

The show also had a season 2 episode with Jason Priestly, who's character drove a black Challenger SE. But it was short lived.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info everyone. I've updated the list to reflect it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The Walking Dead finished its 6 episode run. The challenger spent most of its life stripped down and sitting in the background. Still looked good though.

Rick did leave a note on the car so we'll probably see it however briefly in season 2. . . . next year.
...yeah we have to wait until October to see:disgust:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Family Jewels on AE. Gene Simmons just gave a black R/T to his son Nick, for his 21st birthday. Past episodes have shown him driving the Challenger.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Family Jewels on AE. Gene Simmons just gave a black R/T to his son Nick, for his 21st birthday. Past episodes have shown him driving the Challenger.
Never saw him driving the Chally but in past episodes he was driving a Black Charger R/T

It was an R/T They originally brought out a Orange SRT but Sophie said he would not want orange so they exchanged it for the Black R/T.

It also looked like a 2011, the taillights were LED

1 - 12 of 12 Posts