Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Sorry guys I understand it looks suspicious, and it does, but I am just starting to use the forum, I have been a member for a year now and used it for more of a reference for myself in deciding what I wanted to do with my car. And yes I am going to rep HHP as I have had nothing but outstanding customer service. that being said, I do respect the other shops out there and I will not detract from their parts / service.

In conclusion, this is not a flame war and I am keeping it professional on here, also alot can be said about other forum members continually reping other shops...

The shop business, workers personalities, customer service (willingness to help), engine performance builds, parts/service offered, shop availability/time management, records set by their work/builds, & installations on customer cars will speak for itself for ANY shop or vendor reputation. With that said, all factors above is why you see so many ppl putting HHP at the top of the mountain and why they stay on the top list of shop choices for our generation hemi's.

No need for the sorry to anyone NavySRT. A good or bad experience from a customer is just for those to be aware of going into their purchase or build with ANY shop/vendor. Ultimately, THE BUYER is gonna choose what they want and feel. People that jump to conclusions and fire back because of "how they feel" posting online should go or shop/vendors website design, should take a step back before commenting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
886 Posts
I honestly appreciate anyone referring our business out on any forum, especially the forums that we spend a lot on to be a supporting vender. Forums would ban someone from doing this if the company was not a supporting vender but in this case we are a supporting vender so refer away. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Viper Tomcat, my .02, i have the MM VVT custom grind installed along with GTP Stage 2 heads, Kooks LT's w/ high flow cats, and the 6.4 intake. Before my 6.4 intake was working i made 404HP/427TQ on 22" wheels. I can speak from experience on the Comp 270 VVT and the MM VVT cam both. The Comp 270 cam didn't start making power until close to 6000 RPMs! Where the MM VVT cam started around 4000 RPMS. I don't have a stall, but i do have 3.73 Gears. So i have EVERYTHING you are asking about doing! If i wasn't planning on going Supercharged later, i WOULD STAY AWAY from porting your HEADS.... IMO, the gain is not worth the $$$$$. Getting Long Tubes is a MUST bud, these VVT cams perform 5x better with them. BTW make sure you go 1-3/4 Long Tubes and not the 1-7/8's. HHP used to sell the Kooks version of the D-Ported 1-3/4 LT's, but now i believe ARH now carries them as well. I spent a grip in testing and tuning to give you some insight on everything you are looking for.

BTW, i bought parts from both HHP and MM that are on my car. Both guys/companies know their stuff and offer the best deals!!! Call them to order! hint hint!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Viper Tomcat, my .02, i have the MM VVT custom grind installed along with GTP Stage 2 heads, Kooks LT's w/ high flow cats, and the 6.4 intake. Before my 6.4 intake was working i made 404HP/427TQ on 22" wheels. I can speak from experience on the Comp 270 VVT and the MM VVT cam both. The Comp 270 cam didn't start making power until close to 6000 RPMs! Where the MM VVT cam started around 4000 RPMS. I don't have a stall, but i do have 3.73 Gears. So i have EVERYTHING you are asking about doing! If i wasn't planning on going Supercharged later, i WOULD STAY AWAY from porting your HEADS.... IMO, the gain is not worth the $$$$$. Getting Long Tubes is a MUST bud, these VVT cams perform 5x better with them. BTW make sure you go 1-3/4 Long Tubes and not the 1-7/8's. HHP used to sell the Kooks version of the D-Ported 1-3/4 LT's, but now i believe ARH now carries them as well. I spent a grip in testing and tuning to give you some insight on everything you are looking for.

BTW, i bought parts from both HHP and MM that are on my car. Both guys/companies know their stuff and offer the best deals!!! Call them to order! hint hint!!!

Wow thanks!

About the 6.4 manifold..what did it take for you to get it functional?

·
Registered
53 Posts
MSD 8969 box along with wiring to get a tach signal, ground and power. Set mine to 4700 RPM to open short runners up to 6200. i can find the thread that will give you step by step installation. It is very simple. You will need to know how to solder and heat shrink wires...that's about how hard it is to install...lol Those big Comp Cams only make power up top imo.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
MSD 8969 box along with wiring to get a tach signal, ground and power. Set mine to 4700 RPM to open short runners up to 6200. i can find the thread that will give you step by step installation. It is very simple. You will need to know how to solder and heat shrink wires...that's about how hard it is to install...lol Those big Comp Cams only make power up top imo.

Yeah I found a write up on another forum.

Seems to me that Dodge should have just put the 6.4 manifold on the 5.7 to begin with for the 2015 MY

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yup, i agree bud. I have no idea why they would add it on. The ram trucks have them on the 5.7 and make more TQ! Granted they are made to haul, but jeez!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Custom Cam's are perfect when you finally say "I'm done with all mod's on the car" but if you are going to keep adding power adders, I wouldn't go custom cam until all has been finished and cam can accommodate for ALL finished car mods. Probably see better gains as well.

Although a lot claim the 274 cam is to big, it's not to big just people don't wanna deal with tuning the dang thing cause it may take more than a day or few hours to tune; especially longer through email data logging and tuning back and forth. WOT it's a beast street or track. Part throttle/ daily driving are the main hard/difficulties you run into tuning.

To each his own on the cam choice, I went with the 274 comp cam and admit it has been a PITA to tune but then again I do have patience. I believe in the whole "with Patience comes great things".

Start up/base tune got me 60rwhp alone. Pretty sure I've gained +more along the way with updated email tunes. Plus the 274 cam is very aggressive/ has a high lift and will produce great numbers when adding ported heads, supercharger, turbo, etc.

***side note: ppl shouldn't be so sensitive about pulling the "oh that will/can get you banned" trigger for someone expressing a good experience. All it makes you look like is a "shop groupie" when you hate on someone giving a good or bad experience with another shop and basing the integrity of the OP words off of the # of posts they've done online and how long they've been a member on ONE online Forumn of many out there.

What if they belong to another Forumn years before this and dealt with a shop years before they signed up? Unless that then someone would/should be banned as well by talking about another vendors website being poorly designed or not to what they expect a website should be designed like.

There's nothing wrong with someone expressing their good or bad opinion with a particular company. It's not to steer anyone away from companies, I'm sure we're all grown up and can put on big boy pants to make decisions on our own away from "internet talk" influence. It's for all those that are enthusiasts for Mopar to be aware of what options are out there but ultimately it's the buyers choice in the end.
How’s the lope? I want a cam in my 5.7 and I want it to be the meanest lopiest sounding challenger around . I’ve heard some on YouTube and it sounds exactly how I want it

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
2010's have a much better computer system than the 09's, especially when it comes to VVT cam tuning.

We've done a bunch of 274 cams on street cars and with a decent torque converter for the track I think this is a great package. The custom grinds haven't really netted much improvement in stock bottom ends so we save the custom grinds for the built engines.
I have to back HHP on this one. I bought the 274 package from them, Josh has mine dialed in nicely. My car runs great in all scenarios. I can drive like a choufer with the wife in the car and it does what I like it to do when I drive the way I like to drive ;). I sincerly recommend HHP for this setup.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have to back HHP on this one. I bought the 274 package from them, Josh has mine dialed in nicely. My car runs great in all scenarios. I can drive like a choufer with the wife in the car and it does what I like it to do when I drive the way I like to drive ;). I sincerly recommend HHP for this setup.
Do you have to get it dynoed ¿ and May stalling problems.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Do you have to get it dynoed ¿ and May stalling problems.
I have't paid to get it dynoed yet, it's close to $600+ where I'm located. There are a few guys out there with the same setup that have had it dynoed and they are hitting between 430+ RWHP 420+TQ. From what I can see from there posts is the TQ/HP is the very close to the stock cam under 2500 RPM but then it makes a serous jump after 2500-3k and pulls all the way throug 6600. With the right valvetrain setup I have a feeling they would pull up past 7k. I hope to get to the strip in the next couple of weeks. I was going to head there this week while HHP was there but I couldn't get out of work. Anyway I will post my times, that will give you a good idea how it perfoms. I should mention I do have more than just the cam though. Also to your question on stalling.. No stalling issues, I can actually idle in gear (manual trans). No bucking at low RPMs either.. The driveablitiy is great!

Mods list below:

274 phaser
1 7/8 headers
3 inch exhaust
180 Tstat
429 gears
Tuned for 93 octaine

Next step is an SC which I will be going through HHP for as well. Really looking forward to getting that setup done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have't paid to get it dynoed yet, it's close to $600+ where I'm located. There are a few guys out there with the same setup that have had it dynoed and they are hitting between 430+ RWHP 420+TQ. From what I can see from there posts is the TQ/HP is the very close to the stock cam under 2500 RPM but then it makes a serous jump after 2500-3k and pulls all the way throug 6600. With the right valvetrain setup I have a feeling they would pull up past 7k. I hope to get to the strip in the next couple of weeks. I was going to head there this week while HHP was there but I couldn't get out of work. Anyway I will post my times, that will give you a good idea how it perfoms. I should mention I do have more than just the cam though. Also to your question on stalling.. No stalling issues, I can actually idle in gear (manual trans). No bucking at low RPMs either.. The driveablitiy is great!

Mods list below:

274 phaser
1 7/8 headers
3 inch exhaust
180 Tstat
429 gears
Tuned for 93 octaine

Next step is an SC which I will be going through HHP for as well. Really looking forward to getting that setup done.
Wow that’s awesome ¡ I want the 274 I’ve heard it’s lopy and the videos I see on you tube sound fantastic, I do have año auto tho so I hope that won’t grt in the way, if u don’t mind me asking what was the tuning process so far?

·
Registered
65 Posts

Mods list below:

274 phaser
1 7/8 headers
3 inch exhaust
180 Tstat
429 gears
Tuned for 93 octaine

What SC?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
17 Participants
McCloud
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing