Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on this? I kinda of digging especially the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not diggin' the neon tubes around the headlights. Looks like something you see in a around a rusty beer sign in cracked window of a run-down bar on the outskirts of town. I like the front clip and hood a lot. Lower back fin lookin' things, not as much.

·
Registered
2012 blackberry pearl R/T Classic
137 Posts
It's cool and unique.
But, I'm not digging it at all.
Front and rear is to "busy".
The front end looks too much like any common new vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Definitely different. I don't care for the busy rear bumper valence.

Dodge did a fantastic job designing the 2006 concept and the 2008 production cars. It seems that some people are trying too hard to make their Challengers stand out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like that other people do this stuff. I like the people push the envelope on things like this, and make it a reality.

That’s being said, not digging the big “Dodge” up front, and the bottom rear reminds me of something I can’t put my finger on, but I’m thinking new Civic.

One of the big things that drew me to these in the first place is that I end up spending a disproportionate amount of time around younger adults in the 18-26 range. Mustangs and Camaros tend to look like “kids” cars to me, and the challenger looks more like what an established adult would consider. Like a responsible person is probably behind the wheel, and knows what he/she is doing... and has something capable to do it with.

Too much flash tends to look gaudy, and I think this is just over the line of “cool mod” to that point.
That being said, I appreciate that someone took the time to put in the work on it, and it represents a much more developed skill level than I have to think up or make a reality. Good on them for being able to make it real.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some of the stuff could be eliminated or reworked, but I still like it. The company is SCL Performance, but they are of Russian origin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
It's too "busy" for me. I suspect what I like of it is what Challenger remains, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
They call this “Mad Max”. I prefer my Mad Max better....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
oh boy...some things on the OP Mad Max car is interesting. I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
...One of the big things that drew me to these in the first place is that I end up spending a disproportionate amount of time around younger adults in the 18-26 range. Mustangs and Camaros tend to look like “kids” cars to me, and the challenger looks more like what an established adult would consider....
...Too much flash tends to look gaudy...
Feet:
You make some good points here. We've all seen the direction manufactures are heading with the most recent offerings for that young crowd you spoke of. Words like BUSY, GAUDY, FLASH, and OVER THE TOP well describe the attempt of manufacturers to do something, ANYTHING, to capture the eye of those wanting to embrace something different.

And therein lies much of the magic of the Challenger, for it is exactly the opposite. Smooth, simple, elemental, OLD SCHOOL.

Reminds me of two dogs we had living across the street. They're both gone now, thank God. One, a Chihuahua, ran up to every passer by, yapping with his annoying high pitched voice. He jumped off the ground every time he barked: as if engaged in a desperate attempt to say, "HEY SOMEBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" Then there was the Rottweiler that rarely barked at all, but just casually strutted across the yard. One look at those wide shoulders and huge powerful jaws sent a clear message: no antics needed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts