Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Auto upholstery shops can make you anything you want. Bring them your liner and they can apply material right on top of it. The holes will all line up perfectly. It may not be cheap. I only had my daughter paint mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Are you wanting an airbrushed hood liner? I'll paint you one if that's what you're wanting? I painted mine, PM me if you're interested. I'll paint anything you want on a brand new hoodliner, $450 shipped to you with new clips.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I count three garage doors..........I'm jealous. I don't even have one.:crying:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
I am jealous of your airbrush kung fu....dagum! :eek2: And painted on the ceiling of hood to boot...looks so Hemi-ly. Best I could do is a smiley face.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,848 Posts
soonercruiser, if I remember correctly, you said the liner really soaks up the paint, making it hard to get the color. I assume that also makes it very hard to get an even coat. My liner is more gray than black, but I'd prefer that to an uneven looking black. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
You guys gave me an idea, instead of just painting the liner I would like to coat it in white gel coat. I have used roll on gel coat (basically pigmented resin) on the underside of my dog house (plywood surface) on my jet boat and it turned out great. I really want to try this on the hood liner now.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
soonercruiser, if I remember correctly, you said the liner really soaks up the paint, making it hard to get the color. I assume that also makes it very hard to get an even coat. My liner is more gray than black, but I'd prefer that to an uneven looking black. A Guy
Yup! You can tell from my close-up photo that there are some round spots of heavier color.
Mine was a charcoal gray also.
IF...I were a paint expert, I'm sure there is a sealer that would help seal the surface better.

But, when not illuminated by a camera flash, and under the hood on a bright day, you can't see those "spots".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts