Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums. Past couple of months I've been debating whether go all out and buy a full catback exhaust(the aFe 3" stainless steel full exhaust is what I'm considering). My second option is going to an exhaust shop and getting a custom exhaust installed. From what I know the custom installation should be cheaper, but will quality be alright? If you get a custom exhaust installed, do they remove every part of the catback or just adjust mufflers/resonators?

I've never looked into custom exhausts until recently so, I'm just clueless, honestly. Any and all advice is welcome! Would love to hear a sound clip of your car if you have a custom exhaust. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,975 Posts
I've not seen anyone with the aFe exhaust. 3" may not be necessary. What car do you have?

Custom exhaust shops would vary from cut some pipe, weld in a muffler, to full custom everything tailored to your car. Here is an example of a custom shop

HOME

Finding a shop that specializes in performance is the issue.

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not seen anyone with the aFe exhaust. 3" may not be necessary. What car do you have?

Custom exhaust shops would vary from cut some pipe, weld in a muffler, to full custom everything tailored to your car. Here is an example of a custom shop

HOME

Finding a shop that specializes in performance is the issue.

A Guy
Plenty of good catbacks are available I would avoid the custom route 2.75 inch is all you need.
Thanks for the info! I have a 2010 r/t auto. It seems that ordering a full catback will be best.. Now for the hard part in deciding which one to choose.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The advantage of a cat back is the stainless construction and the mandrel bends vs the compression bends and aluminized pipes used at most exhaust shops. If you want to avoid drone, get a cat back with some kind of resonators at the rear of the system before the tips. I had a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back on my '13 5.7 R/T. I loved the deep performance sound but wasn't a fan of the drone. Drone will be worse with an auto. Let us know what you end up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts