Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know this subject has been beaten to death. But I'm ready to pull the trigger on my exhaust next week and was wondering if anyone had a similar setup to what I've been quoted and told. I'm wondering if this setup produces minimal or maximum drone. This is half of what a normal Magnaflow full catback usually costs. I've been told Magnaflow has much less drone than flowmaster around the city by a number of muffler shops. But I want to hear from folks who have my car. This is what I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on.

Magnaflow Muffler - 11226

4 x 9 Oval Stainless Steel Muffler (Qty 2)

10790 - Tru X-PIPE Crossover (Qty 1)

All new aluminum tubing

Reso delete / Same tips

Hopefully you guys can help me out thanks.

·
Registered
2011 R/T Classic
33 Posts
Hey man,
I went with Magnaflow as well for my '11 R/T exhaust. Custom set up. Still have the little factory crossover H pipe, but after that I installed two round chamber Magnaflow mufflers, part number 12616. After that, it's all 2 1/2" piping out the back. It sounded weak at first, to be honest. Just kind of a rumbly factory exhaust. After about two weeks, it really came into its own. It has a great rumble at all RPMs and can really sing when you plant your foot into it. Its quiet if you want to baby it, and has definite presence if you don't. Much better sound and tone than the Flowmasters I pulled off of it. Your set up should have a similar sound to mine. Maybe a bit more volume with a true X pipe. I get virtually no drone with the manual trans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 2010 rt that's been cammed with kooks long tubes kooks high flow cats and a custom magna flow exhaust that if your around the Raleigh nc area you can hear. I had flow master super 44s on it but didn't like the sound to much when I put the long tubes on. Plus I went with the SRT sized headers and mid pipes( they were free). So I had to put bigger pipes on. Now its 3 inch pipe instead of 2-1/2 pipe. The mufflers are the magna packs and so far I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts