Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to swap out the mid-mufflers, and I'm looking at the Flowmaster Super 10 Series and the Cherrybomb Extremes (both between the 1 in/1 out, or the dual in/dual out). Which would you guys recommend? I want it to be loud, and aggressive, however, while still maintaining as deep a sound as possible. I don't mind interior drone much since I just blast my music anyways.

Also, I want to delete the resonators and add new exhaust tips so I can have a quad setup.

I've seen quite a lot of videos on a YouTube with this setup for the V6, but I'd like to know your thoughts on how it really sounds in person since videos never do it real justice.

Yes, I understand it will never sound like a V8 nor will the V6 ever sound "good" but it can at least be improved upon. The V8 can wait, but for now, I just want to have fun with what I've got. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,570 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,848 Posts
My advice is to replace the dual mid-mufflers (si/so) with a single di/do muffler (and remove the resos like you planned on). That will sound better than the two si/so replacements you’re looking at doing.

I don’t have any experience with the mufflers you mentioned on the 3.6L, but I do with the Jones Full Boar muffler on that engine, and I loved it.

Add the JFB muffler to your list of considerations, it won’t let you down with exhaust sound on that car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts