Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shelter in place / working from home has finally given me time to install my custom gauge overlays.
I ordered them from Black Cat automotive. (not affiliated with him in any way)

The process took quite awhile as I wanted to custom design a set. We went back and forth with revisions and drawings.
Finally after getting it just as I wanted, it took about 2 months to produce and ship out. I think I started the process around Mid-January since the car was put away for the winter. Just over 3 months start to finish.

I just finished up the install. It was fairly easy. There is video by Speedys Garage Orange Crush Challenger from a few years back that was extremely detailed. Basically a step-by-step. I followed it exactly as I installed them. The removing of the needles and re-installing was a breeze.

I also purchased the LED lit needles with the black face with the overlays. They look amazing. The oem needles to not light up. They only reflect light from behind the faces. and the tops are white. Wound't look good with this design.

Overall I couldn't be happier. It's all subjective, but the oem gauge face never did anything for me.
Changing the evic color to RED from the weird teal-bluish is absolutly sick. I don't feel like I am driving my moms Chrysler van with the teal digital letters. I feel it looks classic with a modern twist now.

This is how the car should have looked from Dodge. Anyone with a 08-14 Challenger looking to change up the boring gauges this is a great option. My absolute favorite interior mod.
Some before and after pics. If anyone does this mod and need install tips or help just let me know.

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
I did the same thing years ago with my '09 - never was a fan of the "indiglo" gauges that frankly created glare that was distracting from peripheral vision - before I modded mine, I used to run it dimmer because of that.

1. I did mine in black faces w/ red needles, red lighting. I did a friends R/T with red faces and white needles w/ red lighting
This was one of the several favorite mods I did with that '09 along with 392 cam swap, lowering springs and swaybars
  1. 100_1171.jpg
    100_1168.jpg

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,516 Posts
Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2009 challenger RT
47 Posts
I did the same thing years ago with my '09 - never was a fan of the "indiglo" gauges that frankly created glare that was distracting from peripheral vision - before I modded mine, I used to run it dimmer because of that.

1. I did mine in black faces w/ red needles, red lighting. I did a friends R/T with red faces and white needles w/ red lighting
This was one of the several favorite mods I did with that '09 along with 392 cam swap, lowering springs and swaybars
  1. View attachment 992601 View attachment 992602
Black looks sweet, would love that on my 09

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
404 Posts
The black gauges and radial numbers look good! I've wanted to do this for years but never prioritized it. Good to know about the 3-month turnaround on a full custom overlay.

·
Registered
2009 challenger RT
47 Posts
The black gauges and radial numbers look good! I've wanted to do this for years but never prioritized it. Good to know about the 3-month turnaround on a full custom overlay.
They say the best things in life take time... but three months is a long time. Still, the quality looks worth the wait. I know I’m putting this higher on my list than I thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts