Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 2009 Challenger, and am considering a new paint job to spruce it up. I really want to do a Mad Max Interceptor (yellow, red, blue) paint scheme. Has anyone done a custom paint job on their Challenger, that has any tips? I would like to find a shop in the Toledo,OH / Detroit, MI area that can do good work. If anyone has any shop recommendations, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
If you are going to do that, go for the supercharger poking out of the hood too.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
For ideas just google custom challenger paint
I did that for my Pinstriping ideas

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I had mine done at Psychotic Air in Batavia, Il. Psychotic Air - Home They painted the whole car, adding a bit more Pearl and clear. The Ghost Flames are done in varying levels of pearl as the flames begin and end. I had the Dodge lettering done on the front valance panel, 426 on the hood scoops sides, Challeger and Hemi on the fenders and the Pentastar on the right fender all airbrushed on. They did a dynamite job as I wanted the car to look OEM from a bit of a distance but as you get closer you start to see the bling. The best part is the Ghost Flames, when lights hit them they almost light up and glow, it is pretty wild to see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I had mine done at Psychotic Air in Batavia, Il. Psychotic Air - Home They painted the whole car, adding a bit more Pearl and clear. The Ghost Flames are done in varying levels of pearl as the flames begin and end. I had the Dodge lettering done on the front valance panel, 426 on the hood scoops sides, Challeger and Hemi on the fenders and the Pentastar on the right fender all airbrushed on. They did a dynamite job as I wanted the car to look OEM from a bit of a distance but as you get closer you start to see the bling. The best part is the Ghost Flames, when lights hit them they almost light up and glow, it is pretty wild to see.
Man what great job on your ghost flames !!!! Very cool

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet looking custom, very tastefully done.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that turned out great. I bet it looks even better in person. Also, thanks a lot for the shop recommendation. I will definitely check them out.

After doing some searches, I found a paint scheme that is almost exactly what I had in mind. I’m not sure if this is real or photoshopped, but it is awesome:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/37947513904

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Wow, that turned out great. I bet it looks even better in person. Also, thanks a lot for the shop recommendation. I will definitely check them out.

After doing some searches, I found a paint scheme that is almost exactly what I had in mind. I’m not sure if this is real or photoshopped, but it is awesome:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/37947513904
That paint job will certainly make your car stand out for sure. Darn sure be cool. You will have to put up pics of that!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided to go for a vinyl wrap (much cheaper), instead of a paint job for now, to make sure that I will like the design.

I should have it done soon, and will post some photos.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,054 Posts
I'd also say you might want to go with a wrap, paint jobs are very expensive these day's and with a wrap you can always go back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PHP:
I'd also say you might want to go with a wrap, paint jobs are very expensive these day's and with a wrap you can always go back.
Yes, aside from the lower price, another advantage is that you can always remove it, if you want to go back.

It is a work in progress. Won’t be much longer now...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,714 Posts
Very unique!

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,054 Posts
Looking good so far, should turn out great.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey where did you go for the wrap?
Did they apply it for you?
How did the design process work?

Id like to do something in the Scat Pack bee for my hood.
Im just a few hours from Toledo im near Mansfield Ohio.

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Look up the Challenger Demons on Facebook. Their cover page has a photo of one that is already running around the USA. Google MFP508 Interceptor, that's the name of his car. MFP_508 is his Instrgram.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look up the Challenger Demons on Facebook. Their cover page has a photo of one that is already running around the USA. Google MFP508 Interceptor, that's the name of his car. MFP_508 is his Instrgram.......
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s the car in the link I posted in post#8 in this topic.

It is pretty sweet. My design is a bit different, but very similar.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey where did you go for the wrap?
Did they apply it for you?
How did the design process work?

Id like to do something in the Scat Pack bee for my hood.
Im just a few hours from Toledo im near Mansfield Ohio.
I am using a place called Z-Graphics, on Jackman Road. The hard part is getting the work scheduled, as he is really busy.

I was able just to supply photos of the movie car, and he created a design proof that I could look at and aprove, before any work started. He’s a great guy, and very talented.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts