Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here. I created a custom puddle light and wanted to share how I did it,

I love the logo on the windshield of my 2018 challenger, So I wanted to create a custom puddle light with that logo.
I bought a plug N play light from Amazon and replaced the transparencye that came with the light with one I created in Photoshop.

to replace the image, you simply slide out the tab that holds the image, it's split into two parts, pry the two parts open, take note of the direction the original art is facing then replace the transpearncey with the new one.

I didn't want to try and print on my home printer so I had transparencies made by a local microfilm place near Portland OR

So in the images you'll see the light I bought, the art i made and the final results. I'll also include links to the light and the micro film place.

Also I had to buy a minimum order of $50 at the micro film place so I have a lot left over. If anyone is interested in buying a set I'd be happy to sell them for $5 per pair.

Hope you enjoy the mod.

(apparently I can not add links in my first post, I will post links to the light and microfilm place later)

IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2584.jpg

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
That looks great! I like that it's different. I added the standard Scat Pack logo to mine a couple weeks ago.

Just an FYI for those that do the swap; it's not difficult, but be careful of the angled tab that holds the original in place. Once you get your pry tool of choice under the lip of the panel, be sure to compress the bottom of the tab. If you do not, you can pull out the existing light and snap that tab right off. It will feel like it's just being a little stubborn, then you keep prying and the light comes out. You then may realize that the tab has snapped off, AND it just so happens to be left up inside the hole. It's a real treat to find a way to get that little bastard out of the panel. Ask me how I know...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks great! I like that it's different. I added the standard Scat Pack logo to mine a couple weeks ago.

Just an FYI for those that do the swap; it's not difficult, but be careful of the angled tab that holds the original in place. Once you get your pry tool of choice under the lip of the panel, be sure to compress the bottom of the tab. If you do not, you can pull out the existing light and snap that tab right off. It will feel like it's just being a little stubborn, then you keep prying and the light comes out. You then may realize that the tab has snapped off, AND it just so happens to be left up inside the hole. It's a real treat to find a way to get that little bastard out of the panel. Ask me how I know...:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 988606
Looks great! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts