Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased one of these a few months back. I am happy with it, good fit and build quality and the sound quality is excellent with the 12 inch JL audio subwoofer i have installed in it. It did take a while to arrive as it is hand made upon order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased one of these a few months back. I am happy with it, good fit and build quality and the sound quality is excellent with the 12 inch JL audio subwoofer i have installed in it. It did take a while to arrive as it is hand made upon order.
How long is a while? Does it hamper getting to your spare tire compartment at all? How does it mount in place? Did you go with a shallow mount sub?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't recall exactly how long it took but it was over a month. The seller emailed me that the reason that it was taking so long was that he had injured himself and couldn't work on the enclosure for a while, so I'm guessing that that it would be quicker with orders placed now. Unfortunately it does block access to the spare tire compartment. The enclosure slides into place and you can use a hammer to pound it in so it does not come lose. I used velcro straps around the edges to secure it. When I need to access my spare tire compartment I pull off the straps and the pull out the enclosure. This is the subwoofer I have installed. JL Audio 12W0v3-4. When you order you include the sub you are going to use so he can custom make it to fit that sub.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Here is an true stealth enclosure I built for a T/A 392 Challenger. It allows access to the spare trunk without moving the enclosure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mind snapping a few pics? Would like to see how big the enclosure is with a 12" sub like yours. Thinking that's the route i'm going. Reached out and sounds like the turn around is a couple weeks.

I can't recall exactly how long it took but it was over a month. The seller emailed me that the reason that it was taking so long was that he had injured himself and couldn't work on the enclosure for a while, so I'm guessing that that it would be quicker with orders placed now. Unfortunately it does block access to the spare tire compartment. The enclosure slides into place and you can use a hammer to pound it in so it does not come lose. I used velcro straps around the edges to secure it. When I need to access my spare tire compartment I pull off the straps and the pull out the enclosure. This is the subwoofer I have installed. JL Audio 12W0v3-4. When you order you include the sub you are going to use so he can custom make it to fit that sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts