Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what is the process of getting a custom tune, and if a tune is locked will I be able to make changes in fan speeds, reset codes, etc?
Also, will the gas mileage take a hit with a custom tune. Now all I have done is exhaust upgrade, throttle body work, 180 T-Stat, and 91 tune.
OR with my bolt on mods, will I be wasting my time with a custom tune. Thanks

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I had a ported tb, exhaust, and cai and didnt feel any difference with a custom tune. I was still able to change the parameters of the custom tune. If I were to do it again I would of passed on the custom tune until I had my bigger mods on.

I used the 93tune with 94 octane fuel and noticed my fuel economy went to shit but I attribute that to the 20% throttle boost.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
There is more energy in the lower octane fuel. Yes more energy. If the car really dont need the high octane fuel it really wont benifit.
The 93 tune has a more agressive fuel maps and the tune ramps the timing up faster and adds a couple degrees timing for more hp.
To keep it from having detnation 93 fuel is used. 93 octane the chemical that slows down the burn rate. Higher oct = slower burn.
This all causes the right foot to go to the floor more, all resulting in less mpg. HeHehe
FlatTop

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies. Flat top I agree with you 100 percent on octain being a flame retardant. :disgust:
What I would like to do is run 89 fuel, and use the intune tuner to reduce the torque management, increase the shift firmness, turn the MDS off, change fan temp settings, most important reduce the throttle lag. Hopefully the fastman mod to my stock TB will help with the lag issue. :thumbsup:
Maybe the tuner will do all of this without going with a 91 or 93 tune. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
You can modify the fan settings and other parameters with OEM, canned or custom tunes with the DiabloSport Intune hand-held.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can modify the fan settings and other parameters with OEM, canned or custom tunes with the DiabloSport Intune hand-held.
Thanks Hal, Sounds like I will have a little fun this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts