Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for a new 2017 challenger RT shaker not to have locking lugs and lug key somewhere in the car? It’s also missing the shaker tool accessing the oil filler cap, so Was wondering if they were supposed to be a lug key in the glove box or truck with shaker tool before I complain to the dealership. Looking for feedback on whether the car was supposed to come with the lug key or not. Just seems odd that custom wheels not have locking lugs. Appreciate the help. thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
Challenger do not come with locking lug nuts as OEM - that's a dealer installed item if it has that.

All Shakers come with the Shaker nut driver - magnetic 10mm nut driver that says Shaker on the handle. If it missing, have dealer provide it to you.

Here's what the tool looks like - black & blue handle. The upfit center puts these in the glove box and its in a plastic sleeve:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
You could go with Gorilla lug nuts, where all of them are keyed. That's what I did.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
If you buy Gorilla locking lug nuts, be sure to get the ones with the free spinning sleeve. They provide enhanced security.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was not in the truck either. my salesperson at the dealership said he has a Shaker tool for me. I’ll swing by tomorrow and pick it up. I will look into the gorilla locking lug nuts too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
You could go with Gorilla lug nuts, where all of them are keyed. That's what I did.
Same here. The factory lugs have that thin shell around the nut that tends to get mangled the more it sees a wrench...especially if the lug wrench is a poor fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a specific size or part # for the gorilla locking nut to order? I don’t have any way of measuring the thread size. Are all challengers bolt threads the same?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts