Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resonators, mufflers, "the exhaust things ahead of the rear wheels", whatever you want to call them...they are gone! 2013 Challenger R/T Auto. Local muffler replaced them with pipe for $100.

After much reading and research, I went with the intention to remove "the things behind the rear wheels" and replace them with Magaflow 11266s. They said they had done several Challengers and I wouldn't like that setup...too quiet. They said one guy actually got mad!

I'll never know how that would've sounded, but I'm very pleased with this setup. It sounds great! Very nice tone. A little "burble" at idle. NO DRONE, and you tell when MDS kicks in, but it's not obnoxious. Turn up the radio to 16 and it covered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Although I did not remove the forward mounted muffler, I did replace the rear mounted resonators with FlowMaster 40 series (2-1/4" if I remember correctly). The start up sound was very nice - low Flowmaster fumble. Cruzing around town sounded good with minimal amount of drone. The downside was after about 3,000 rpm the sound didnt really get any louder. I attributed this to the front mufflers muffling the sound too much. In your case, you might be very happy with the end results.

It's a tight fit to get them in, but they do fit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...The downside was after about 3,000 rpm the sound didn't really get any louder. I attributed this to the front mufflers muffling the sound too much...
Never thought about that. It's hard to tell while driving if the sound gets louder as RPMs go higher with this setup. I'll make note of that next time I'm out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Startup Video

Startup Video

Can someone tell me the code to embed YouTube videos?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts