Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to change up my exhaust but not spend $1k on it. Id like to do the reso delete but I dont want to deal with drone especially because usually drive within the 1500-2000 rpm. Now I have read the glasspacks might reduce drone and the muffler shop said the some 10"-12" glasspacks will help with the drone.

I have also been toying with the ideas of electric cutouts. I like the idea of have a loud exhaust when I want. But have read that they dont last and that they will eventually leak. Although all of the post I have read were from 09. Also I have only seen two companys that make them, DML and QTP. I am not sure if they are more.

Both setups would run appx. $400. Where exactly would the cutouts be installed. I know after the cats but not the exact point.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toxic, so i just want to verify that the glasspacks will get rid of some or alot of the drone. Is this the case with these blastin bobs?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Toxic, so i just want to verify that the glasspacks will get rid of some or alot of the drone. Is this the case with these blastin bobs?
There's drone, but it's minimal in my opinion (much less than the simple reso delete). Others have said that they can't tolerate the drone. I personally don't find it to be too bad at all. And it really only drones at high RPM's. I'd search for this exhaust on the forum and see if you can find some topics on it. Maybe you'll be able to get more opinions on the drone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am wanting to change up my exhaust but not spend $1k on it. Id like to do the reso delete but I dont want to deal with drone especially because usually drive within the 1500-2000 rpm. Now I have read the glasspacks might reduce drone and the muffler shop said the some 10"-12" glasspacks will help with the drone.

I have also been toying with the ideas of electric cutouts. I like the idea of have a loud exhaust when I want. But have read that they dont last and that they will eventually leak. Although all of the post I have read were from 09. Also I have only seen two companys that make them, DML and QTP. I am not sure if they are more.

Both setups would run appx. $400. Where exactly would the cutouts be installed. I know after the cats but not the exact point.
Chech out race ready performance. They have cutouts that look pretty solid. I was jst looking at them last night actually. Definitely not cheap but they have lifetime warranties on every part of the cutouts and I think they even cover the cost for someone to make the repairs if needed. I myself am really starting to play with the idea of getting these things. The concept is great in my mind but I need to do a ton more research on these things because they are somewhat new to me even though people have been using them for years. If anybody has any thoughts on cutouts I'd love to hear them. One question I'd like to know is can you drive with these things open for an extended period of time? You wouldn't hurt anything with the engine correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts