Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cutout specifics

4351 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  iamawild1
Good afternoon,

As some of you may be aware with my challenger undergoing surgery to get her back on the road I was thinking of getting her (me) a present when she gets back home. It's been awhile since I've touched any mods, but I think I've decided on some exhaust cutouts for that fun factor awesome sound.

I've gathered that the DMH electric cutouts are solid these days after they went through a rough patch a few years ago. I've been looking at pages upon pages of posts looking for some clarification on some key information. I couldn't find the answers to the questions below.

Do you need dual cutouts or just single? Is the typical positioning just aft of the cat converter?

Is the wiring for the switch fairly easy to run? How about the switch itself?

Is your typical ma and pa exhaust/body shop capable of handling an install? Would an exhaust/body shop be trusted to install the wiring as well? What can I expect the cost of install to be?

I would have no problem trying to do the install myself, just wish I had some decent jacking equipment. Just hoping the price tag of install wouldn't be too outrageous.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.